Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Exercises for knee strength  (Read 907 times)

Offline trailsmith

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Exercises for knee strength
« on: September 10, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »
In the last few weeks I was wrestling with small fractures on the fibia as well as a small horizontal tear on the miniscus, all as a result of raquetball (I think).  A recent X-ray showed that the bone fractures have healed but I am still experiencing some pain from the tear but not an unbearable amount. One Dr. said to operate and another said not to. ??? So I have decided to avoid the operation and go with some exercises to start rebuilding the strength in the knee and leg. Any ideas or is this strictly left in the hands of a physical therapist?
Thanks.

Offline jm121205

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Exercises for knee strength
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:57:33 AM »
Ask if the OS who did not want to do surgery has a list of exercises.  Bone breakage usually needs healing time, so you should definately consult the OS before starting.  There are variety of exercises for many stages of rehab on the knee gurus site. 

Judith
11/1/05 clean patella fracture
12/12/15 shattered patella, emergency surgical repair
2/06 to 4/06 attempting to convince them something was not right
4/26/06 recheck with surgeon: original break not healing and wires from surgery broken
5/26/06 Second Surgery
8/16/06 no more brace

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Exercises for knee strength
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »
Agreed, there are some good exercises out there, but I would consult the OS first. Especially as with a meniscus tear as well, you want to be careful not to further tear it.  GOODLUCK!
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support