Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee locking  (Read 1078 times)

Offline chiefbutz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee locking
« on: September 10, 2006, 03:33:36 AM »
My knee on several occasions has tried to lock up on me while I was sitting. Everything I have been able to extend it quickly and prevent it from locking. I have not seen a doctor about it since it does not occur often (maybe once or twice a year). I have a guess at the cause but that is it. Just about all of my joints in my body move too far, and can be stretched too far. I can do many things no one should be able to do. I feel that this might be the cause of my knee occasionally locking. But now to the point of this post. If it ever locks and I can't get my leg extended in time, are there any suggestions as to what to do aside from contact a doctor.

P.S. Please don't tell me to take pain medicine or something. Pain doesn't bother me that much. Most doctors think I am nuts. And plus I have the sense to take pain medicine if I need it.

knee deep in Goo

Re: Knee locking
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 04:21:43 AM »
Not a doctor. Would not suggest you to do anything you would not want to do.  I do think maybe you have to get it checked out by an OS.  Perhaps you have a floating piece of cartlidge. . Who knows.  We are not doctors nor can we see inside of your knee.   If it does lock and you can't unlock it surely you would have to go to the emergency room. You mentioned you have pain that you can tolerate. I doubt there is much more that a doctor can do.. Other than say if you want help.. they will offer it.

Offline chiefbutz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 04:55:50 AM »
Alright, didn't know if there was anything special I should do.

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »
I dont think a knee can just lock for no reason at all, there is obviously something causing it, see if you can get an appointment with your OS as this isnt a normal thing
Hope you are ok
xtegs
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT
INNJECTIONS INTO THE JOINT