Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: pain in back of leg behind knee  (Read 1120 times)

Offline vbmart

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
pain in back of leg behind knee
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:45:02 AM »
I have had some unusual occurances and wonder if anyone else has had these symptoms.  My left knee is fine most of the time, but if I sit for an hour or more in a sitting position on a chair, I can not put any weight on my leg because of extreme pain and weakness behind my knee.  However, if I stretch my leg out to a straight position before trying to arise, I am ok.   Now my right leg is also having pain behind the knee when I exercise.  It almost feels like the tendons or ligaments are damaged.  Has anyone else had any of these symptoms.  I have had arthro surgery on both knees 2 years ago.

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
Re: pain in back of leg behind knee
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 01:25:55 AM »
I think I know what you are going through.  I had total knee replacement in June, with an infection in August.  All in all, everything went well.  Yesterday while walking over to the neighbors i began experiencing pain behind the knee as well.  Almost feel like there is an elastic behind my knee and when i walk it expands and then releases.  I put bengay on it and put ice on it.  I'm trying to be positive but it hurts.  Is this what you are experiencing

Offline vbmart

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 04:39:25 AM »
My right leg feels just so weak when I go to get up.  After I am up, it is fine, and I can play 2-3 hours of tennis on it.  My left leg is giving me trouble when I try and bend it as far as it goes - it has a lot of pain and almost feels like there is something in there stopping the bending.

Offline *Tiffany

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Never too late to be what you might have been.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »
Don't know if this helps. But my son (at age 12) had two knee surgeries.  He has had pain in the back of the knee.  He gets referred to PT occationally to help to stretch and loosen the tendons.  But like you, when he gets going, he can do about anything. 

Tiffany
Age 8/Bilateral -Lateral Release '85
Bilateral Patella Resurfacing '86
Bilateral TTT '88
Bilateral- Lateral Release '03.     
Bilateral PFJR '05
PRJ to TKR 1/16/07
PRJ to TKR 6/19/07
TKR Revision  8/17/10
Total Hip Replacement 11/5/15
Rt Elbow Reconstruction 4/27/1
Patellectomy 2/2020