Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Is there a sciatica geeks forum?  (Read 765 times)

Offline ELBOW2HEAD

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Is there a sciatica geeks forum?
« on: September 09, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
Hi,if anyone knows of sciatica or back pain then please read

I've had this lower dull backpain for over 5 years now and its starting to really get to me. If i walk too much i get pins and needles down both legs to the knees and have to tuck in both knees when i go to bed too. My doc x rayed and nothing was found so she sent me to physio which she couldn't explain my symptoms or anything and eventually i left.

Some days its really bad and some days it doesn't hurt at all. I'm an active person and did Kung Fu for years then i suddenly stopped. Thats when the problem occured roughly. It feels that the more active i get the more it goes away.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Football injury July 2006
Confirmation of ACL injury Oct 2006 by OS
Had ACLR (Hamstring) and lateral meniscus repair on 26th March 2007

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
Re: Is there a sciatica geeks forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:42:40 PM »
Hi there,

I've had back problems from injuries and a back condition (ankylosing spondylitis). X-rays are only good for looking for bone related issues or a loss of space between the vertebrae, but they cannot be used to diagnosis soft-tissue or nerve related problems. Many docs will send you to PT as the first treatment because improving flexibility and strength can often relieve many of the symptoms. If PT hasn't helped, it may be time to go back to the doc, preferrably someone who treats back problems.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any back forums. Have you tried doing a Google or yahoo search? 

Regards,

Jaci
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 12:16:16 AM by Jaci »
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS

Offline kera4

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Is there a sciatica geeks forum?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 01:23:31 AM »
Hi, I also have back problems (bulging disc and arthritis in facet joints). Sometimes I post on the Healthboards forum under back problems. There are a lot of people there with sciatica too. kera

bi-lateral releases (1999), scar tissue removal (3/03 and5/03)

support