Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: FAILURE IN PCL RECONSTRCTION????  (Read 1211 times)

Offline aval

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
FAILURE IN PCL RECONSTRCTION????
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:14:03 PM »
HI plp. I really nit sum gd advices. I m currently 11weeks post op. It seems tat my knee is not reacting well. I can onli bend my knee to 90 degree. I still experience pain when walking and my knee is still abit stiff n swollen. can ANY1 who had pcl op b4 gif me some advice? Looking at my condition, is it normal? or has the surgery failed????? when can i bend my knee to 140 degree again???hw long more b4 i can walk w/o pain???????

Offline Arnoldplum

• Regular Poster
  • Easy does it.. but do it!
Re: FAILURE IN PCL RECONSTRCTION????
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:04:15 PM »
         Hiya
               Think it important to be really patient with these things. Given you had a ligament rebuilt, i guess its reasonable to assume that it takes ages to settle down , and indeed be sufficiently healed for you to start gently streaching it by the natural motion of your leg. I think that until it feels free of heat or inflamation you should try to keep the leg still. You can  do passive physio without putting those cruciate ligaments under any strain.
               In the meantime go see your gp, and explain the sensations, and prehaps ask him to write to the consultant on your behalf < always a good move tacticly. Of course im a genious about tactical moves because i went to my MP today and i recon that now the OS is gonna chop my leg off ;)

Offline aval

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 02:40:56 PM »
harlo arnoldp. tks for the reply. i will def heed ur advice. act wat i m afraid of is tat my leg is taking too long to heal. den i hrd dat pcl reconstrcuction is complicated n the failure rate is high. seems like u had sum prob wif ur knee as well. care to share ur experience???????

Offline Arnoldplum

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »

Intensely wiffy
                                 whenever i take off that knee brace, stale sweat accumulation of a meat eater.. The biggest struggle is trying to curb the progressive tendencey to grow more and more bitter with each passing day >:(........ ::)......... :-X and try my best to forgive.....
            11 weeks is ages eh... Was it a pcl alone that you damaged? what about acl? how did you do the damage in the first place, was it a dislocation? Has it shown any sign of settling down since the surge?

Offline Arnoldplum

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

Im now about 6 weeks down the road from when i came a cropper. A spontanious dislocation resulting from a twisting motion. I have had a history of "subluxation" when the patella patially displaces itself, which was always disconcerting but something i was able to remedy on my own and never resulted in knee malfunction.  But this time the patella flipped out completely and the tibia and femur were completely displaced from eachother under my wieght. The paramedics came to the scean and gave me gas and were able to put things back in place.
                      So its been a time of contemplation as ive been able to do nothing, and have been waiting for answers. I guess im not going to know until i get a scan or something but i feel very sure that the cruciate ligaments are damaged and are going to need recon. Its just frustrating that im being left for so long without a diognosis of the damage and im begining to wonder with the attitude im getting from the PT that i may only get the right kind of attention if i pay for it.
          I have a follow up appointment 17 oct... In the meantime do you think i should have a private consultation??       
                                     Arns

Offline aval

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 07:19:45 AM »
hmm. i tink u betta look for another doc for a second opinion n probably request an MRI scan. Its betta to oo a reconstrcution or any surgery early cos ur injury seems rather bad. or mayb u can request to c ur doc earlier instead of oct 17. 

Offline Arnoldplum

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »

Decided today , im going for it, even if i only come away with some clarification of what happened i think this might be invaluable later...
            How's the rehab? have you spoken with doc? I do hope that your surgery has not been in vain ... healing 2 you ... Arns