Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Partial Ruptured ACL, surgery?  (Read 766 times)

Offline Ebo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Partial Ruptured ACL, surgery?
« on: September 07, 2006, 02:20:38 PM »
Hey All,
I was just after some advice. I have a partial rupture of the acl and some bruising on my bone. I have been undergoing physio for about 4 months now and although I have had some positives from it, I still have pain and discomfort when walking and running. I seen the doc yesterday and he reckons I go for more physio, he seems to be a bit reluctant to do anything other then the physio!

I was wondering what other peoples experiences have been in this process. I am 26 and want to start playing contact sports again should I be pushing for surgery or should I grin and bare it?

Thanks,
Ebo.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Partial Ruptured ACL, surgery?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »
WOW.. you and I are like twins... lol
I am 26 years old and about 4 months ago I fell off my horse and partially tore my ACL and did some damage to my medial mensicus.  My OS won't operate on me... unless he HAS to... for now i'm happy the way I am.  I am working at buildling up muscle strength but it's taking forever. Do you have a brace? I have an ACL brace which does help when things just get over agravated.  Maybe you should consider a second opinion on the knee. I know for me, I wouldn't let someone cut off what is left of my ACL unless I were SURE it couldn't heal enough on it's own. Even a replaced ACL isn't as good as what your body naturally has.  But that's just me.

GOODLUCK.. and I hope you find some answers.
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?