Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: week 5 still swelled up  (Read 708 times)

Offline naenae00

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
week 5 still swelled up
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:49:41 AM »
Hi all. Well I dont know what to think. Im on week # 5 from my osteochondral fracture and the swelling is still here although not as much as it was in the beginning however it is still really big. I never had a cast or anything. Im just non weightbearing on crutches for 9 weeks till I get in with my OS. I was told to do bending exercizes  however I cant bend my knee as far as I could just 2 weeks ago. Im really anxious and impatient. Can anyone tell me how long the swelling will be here and I am thinking of trying to walk on it because I cant take it any longer. My OS said I could bear 1/2 of my weight for balance only. Also does anyone know how long it takes for a bone to heal? I believe he told me 6-8 weeks however there is only 2 os where I'm from and they are really busy so my next appt. isnt until 10/6/06. too long.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: week 5 still swelled up
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 06:23:27 AM »
Call back and say how you have it and that you are worried.
At least they should be able giving you feed back and support by talking with you on the phone.
Hope things settle down soon for you.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support