Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain, Pain, go away  (Read 777 times)

Susan49

Pain, Pain, go away
« on: September 04, 2006, 03:00:47 PM »
Hello, I am new to this so I will start by telling you my problem.  At the end of May I fell off the bleachers at a baseball game (actually dragged by my dog).  It was a short fall and my hip dislocated and I pulled the ligaments in my hip.  I fell on all fours and as my hip healed my left knee became the problem.  I am on my feet all day in a retail sales position so my knee is constantly being aggrevated.  I wear a "futuro sport knee band" at work (and home now) to stabalize the joint.  My knee cracks and grinds when bending.  There is constant pain on the inner portion of the knee.  At times the pain shoots up my thigh (outer side) into my hip joint and up the back.  I am getting the feeling that my left leg is longer than my right.  Icing my knee seems to alleviate some pain (I usually do this so I can fall asleep).  The pain is getting so bad that it is keeping me up at night.  I can no longer enjoy walks etc.  My only exercise is swimming 3-4 times a week because I don't feel any pressure on my knee, but afterwords I experience some pain.  Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going to a chiropractor/accupunture, has any body tried this route?  I am 49 years old and I am thinking about getting a cane.  Help. :'(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Pain, Pain, go away
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:24:19 PM »
Did you do something to your knee too when you fell ?
I would suggest you to let a OS look on your whole leg to see if something is pulling your knee wrong after getting your hip back in shape.
A knee pain can also come from the hip..doesn't necessery mean that it's something wrong with the knee.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
Re: Pain, Pain, go away
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:55 PM »
Hello, Susan.

I have to second what Nettan said: It really sounds like something that should be looked at by an orthopedic doctor if for no other reason than to rule out a serious injury. An ortho doc can send you to physical therapy or make other recommendations to help your syptoms whether they are from your knee or the result of the injury to your hip. I think chiropractic or accupuncture can be very helpful but only once that actual source of the issues you're having are identified.

Best wishes,

Jaci

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:43:19 PM by Jaci »
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS

support