Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: question about pain and cortisone injections  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Treathouse

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
question about pain and cortisone injections
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
I was given a cortisone injection about 11 weeks ago.  I didn't have any relief for about 2 weeks after the shot.  Two wonderful no pain days.  Of course, the pain came back.  Just a constant ache/pain.

A few days ago, I started having alot more discomfort/pain.  To the point of taking an additional vicoden and then at night 2 tylenol pm.  It is not enough.

This morning I started to wonder if possibly the cortisone shot I had indeed worked by taking some of the pain away,  and has now if has worn off.  Is this a possibility or am I just grasping at straws here.

I have had a rough past 3 days- tons of crying and just general feeling sorry for myself.  Of course, it could be weather related too.  It has been rainy here.  I know I need to call the Dr and I will today...just looking for some comfort in knowing that it's not all in my head.

Thanks Lis
1987-scope partial medial meniscectomy and plica  1991 scope medial meniscus (recurrent tear)  2000 Reconstruction anteromedial rotatory instability for recurrent meniscal tear. 2004 scope partial medial meniscectomy and now another debridement with possible LR 1/23/07

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
Re: question about pain and cortisone injections
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
Hiya.
do you play sports? how does your meniscus keep reatering are you having accidents or is it sport related x
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT
INNJECTIONS INTO THE JOINT

Offline Treathouse

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: question about pain and cortisone injections
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:46:05 PM »
I played soccer until I was 14 - that was my first surgery.  From that time on, it was a stair stepper and then stepping off the curb wrong.  The last time was a slip and fall accident at a previous employer, landing directly on my kneecap and restretching the mcl that was tightned in 2000.  Since the last accident in 04 my knee has never been the same.

Lisa
1987-scope partial medial meniscectomy and plica  1991 scope medial meniscus (recurrent tear)  2000 Reconstruction anteromedial rotatory instability for recurrent meniscal tear. 2004 scope partial medial meniscectomy and now another debridement with possible LR 1/23/07