Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Acupunture for knee arthritis  (Read 1109 times)

Offline wilfblade

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Acupunture for knee arthritis
« on: August 27, 2006, 07:18:34 PM »
 ???  I posted a message for help on finding a arthritis clinic in my area.  The only reply i had was from from a user that had had a bad experience with acupunture.  Can anyone expand on their experiences with acupunture before i go ahead and book myself in.
cheers Wilf

Offline Audice

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
Re: Acupunture for knee arthritis
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »
Hi Wilf ~ I've personally had no experience with acupuncture for arthritis but my next door neighbor has. He's a diabetic with one TKR; that leg being amputated due to effects of his diabetes. He has terrible arthritis in the other knee but his doctors are reluctant to replace the knee because of diabetic heart related problems.

He had an unloader brace made which helped him get around more easily but just recently started a round of acupuncture in that knee. The results were almost immediate & the relief was visible not only in the way he could walk but in his attitude as well. It was a complete success for him. Wishing you well...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline wilfblade

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Acupunture for knee arthritis
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »
cheers sounds promising hope it works for me.
wilf

support