Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Posting your first message  (Read 92608 times)

Offline Bill58

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Posting your first message
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »
This is not really a reply but a post.  I am new to this site and cannot find the referenced "don't know where to post" icon anywhere on my screen.  Anyway. Is there a search feature?  I am specifically interested in people's opinion and reactions to Hyalgan injections.

Thanks you Bill58.

Offline Bill58

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
I am replying to my last reply because I cannot figure out how to do an initial post.  I did find the search icon, which is really helpful, except for the following:
The search feature creates a list of all the posts which meet the search criteria.  But when I click on a post, I get, for example, a question from a knee sufferer.  I would really like to see the answer--ie the replys to that post.  How do you get the site to take you there?  The search feature limits you to just one post at a time, without any replys to it, it seems.\\

I know prob there is a simple sol, please someone provide!

Bill58

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »
HI THERE BILL!!
I would initially put your first post in this section and some people who reply may advise where else to post it (ive never had this injection done so im not 100% sure)
BUT,to log your post as a brand new post rather then as a reply to someone elses post click on NEW TOPIC on the right hand side of the screen above where the list of topics are,select your title by typing what you want the title to be and then whatever you want people to read in the main box press save at the bottom of the box when you have finished typing.
hope this helps!! let me know if you need anymore help and i'll do my best to help!!
welcome to the site!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:28:09 PM by shortyclairebear »
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline MichaelBS

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 01:55:13 AM »
Checking to see if signature is working,
-Michael
2/11/07 snowboarding, TPFx rt leg
2/12  surgery, plate w/8 screws
2/15 home, no brace, start PT
3/6 outpatient PT,  2 x week
3/9 back to work, wheechair
3/28 OS 6 wk visit, ok'd to swim
5/9 OS skips PWB go straight to FWB
5/10-7/20 PT rehab still 2x week
9/15 95% return, full activity level

Offline sungyrl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2007, 04:31:17 PM »
 :)  Hi Everybody,

I am new here, and I also didnt see how to post a first post.  I have some very serious knee and leg issues, and really greatful I found this forum.   Now if I only can figure out how to post ;D

Thanks,

Lil

Offline shortyclairebear

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »
hi lil!
if you read my post to "bill" in this thread but higher up the page it explains what to do!!  :D

hope it helps!!
i had a motorcycle accident-landed on right knee!(mar 05)
...arthroscopy - 4th feb 06.
...VMO Advancement,LR+JMedial reefing - 24th jan 07.
...28 feb 07 i fell down 14 stairs.....more pain and stress!
...now at PT working on ROM and strenghening

Offline Falcon70

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 10:33:38 PM »
Hi...I am new to the site and would very much like to post some questions, etc but don't see exactly where to click to post something. I went to the Help section and it says that to start a new thread to go the Board Index page...which page is this? Sorry, I'm sure this is probably quite easy and I am missing something right under my nose, but can someone help me? I had surgery 2 weeks ago and am dying to talk about some of what I am experiencing now! Thanks!
Denise
Denise
I just joined and also can't figure out how to post...did you figure it out yet? If so could you help me out?
Thanks
Mark

Offline clemmy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 11:39:14 PM »
Greetings,

There are detailed instructions on the second page of this thread. Click on the little '2' next to the title "Posting your first message" to get to that page, then just read and follow the instructions.

Clemmy

Offline JMCDERMO

• Regular Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »
Hi,  I'm new to this game so be gentle.  I'm probably looking at a knee replacement in the new few years and would like to gather as much info as possible about everything.  I welcome any info. Thanks :)
Left knee meniscus removal at age 11.
Arthritis all over, especially in left knee, which is rapidly deteriorating.

Offline Jaci

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 5
  • User's Text
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »
JMCDERMO,

You may want to go back to the index and scroll down to the knee arthritis-- total knee replacement section. You can read a alot of posts from others who have had TKR and you can start your own thread to ask question.

This thread-- the one you are currently reading-- includes instructions on how to post your first message. Go to the beginning of this thread and start reading, you'll come to the instructions.

You might also want to click the little button "website" that is below your user info box at the upper left had side of the page. Knee guru's main website has all kinds of information on a variety of topics.

Regards,

Jaci

10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS

Offline jadlow

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 04:52:49 PM »
Help....I am clueless apparently. I've read the replies, and I still can't figure out how to post a question. Mine goes under arthofibrosis.  I searched for the "where to post" link but give up. Thanks in advance

Offline boobooknee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 07:09:13 PM »
I still don't know how to start a new topic.

Nora

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep em Guessing?????????????
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:32 AM »
NORA
TO START A NEW TOPIC FIND THE NEW TOPIC BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT HAND SIDE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SECTION YOU WANT TO POST IN.   I HOPE THIS HELPS.    FROSTY
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:26:17 AM by FROSTY »

Offline TAOG

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
Haw do I make a new post ?

Offline dianna

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: lateral release reversal
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2008, 06:56:43 PM »
Clipped Wings,

I saw three doctors before I found one that could reverse my lateral release.  I would suggest before making an appointment to ask if the doctor can do the surgery.  I went to 2 well known large hospitals in Michigan and they had no one on their orthopedic staff that had experience with the surgery.  From what I know about lateral releases, they should be rarely done--only in circumstances where the patient has a tilted patella or dislocating problems that cause patellar pain.  There is not much medical journal info. on the internet about this.  Permanent sutures at used to hold the retinaculum in place.  Also, my vastus lateralis muscle had to be repaired with permanent sutures where it connects into my knee.  I hope this info. helps.