Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT?  (Read 5931 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline estogirl696

  • MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • **
  • Posts: 46
  • Liked: 0
  • Life free...Live happy...
« on: December 26, 2006, 04:57:31 AM »
what is it?
19 yr old female
Tore ACL and miniscus (left knee) Sept '04
Recon surgery October '04
*Played again at 4 months*

Miniscus and partial ACL tear (right knee) Dec. '06

College Varsity Basketball


  • Guest
Re: TTT?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:45:33 PM »
Tibial tuberosity transfer is a surgical procedure involving cutting the bony mump below the kneecap (the tibial tuberosity) and either moving it or re-angling it.

There are a number of different procedures - some involve moving the tibial tubercle (the bony lump on the shinbone (tibia) a couple of inches below the kneecap - the bony point at which the kneecap tendon (patellar tendon) joins onto the tibia) and some involve pulling the kneecap itself by changing the forces through the tendons.

The different procedures generally carry the names of the surgeons who first described and promoted them: Fulkerson, Elmslie-Trillat, Maquet.