Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: All the exercises I have ever done throguhout ACLr  (Read 89783 times)

Offline feeny

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 27
Re: All the exercises I have ever done throguhout ACLr
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 04:14:59 AM »
As much as I love this forum, coming back to it was not part of the plan!!

It's nearly 10 years since my ACLr and I am in the best shape of my life. I still do several of these exercises regularly, and can do more now than I ever could before my ACLr. I am still playing competitive soccer and doing pretty much everything.

I have no OA and my knee is in good health. I know this because I've had 2 MRIs in the past 6 months

-Pesky meniscus story-

About 12 months ago, at the end of a bikram yoga session whilst squatting on my toes and rolling up my mat I heard a bit of a crack, well quite a loud crack - loud enough to startle people out of their savasnah!!! ...Anyway, turns out that was my meniscus, radial tear in the medial meniscus was shown under subsequent MRI. I think the initial mechanism [when I heard the crack] destabilised the meniscus and a tear followed, probably during a soccer game.

I assure you, injuring a meniscus in this way, rather than via a crunching slide tackle on the soccer field makes me feel somewhat ...old!!

I went out and got a bunch of advice, most of it saying it probably won't heal on it's own, but also reassuring me that it ought not get worse either. So, in typical feeny style, I treat it conservatively, go back to the prehabs and rehabs etc, strengthen everything and carry on with stuff. Playing indoor soccer, running, all that stuff, without too much issue (bit of pain, but nothing that felt damaging).

In hindsight the advice was not that good, the original MRI showed that the mensicus was extruded, and (hah benefit of hindsight) research Ive read recently seems to indicate that extruded meniscus are far more likely to result in more complicated tears.

Anyway, 1 year on and the old getting out of the car ouch my knee hurts, and I decide to have a follow up MRI - so I have now had 2 in the past 6 months, a radial tear now a bucket handle tear with greater extrusion and a thin flap migrating towards the interchondryal notch. Oops. That's not going to away on it's own and it's clearly worse than previous MRI. So, time to get it looked at.

But, aside from this recent injury, everyone looking at my knee is amazed at how good condition it is in, 10 years on, no OA, great articular cartilage, awesome thick black (under MRI) ACL and nice, neat compartments. Even the signs of tibial shearing after my MRI 6 motnhs ago have subsided. So, mostly good on that score.

Nonetheless, Im off interviewing surgeons now for meniscal repair.
So, hello again to old faces and g'day to new faces.

Coming soon: Feeny's list of exercises for mensicus awesomeness!!

-Feens.
Sep-05 ACL rupture, Medial mensical tear, MCL rupture
Oct-05 Had it all repaired (hamstring graft, meniscal rivet)
-and then-
4.5 Months post-op Snowboarding like a demon
7 Months post-op Successful return to indoor soccer (YEH!)
-and then-
Mar-2015 Arthroscopy to fix meniscus

Offline macker

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2016, 09:06:23 AM »
Feeny if you still browse PM me please.  Like you back again, having another MRI.  Possible meniscus, however that's what they thought when I originally snapped the ACL  ???
Masakatsu agatsu - True victory is self victory.

Offline Ayan

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
Hi feeny,
Hope you are doing well after the meniscus operation..
Really helpful set of exercise that you have jotted down..

Can anyone put a stage of recovery besides each exercise..that would be of great help..

Like 2 weeks post op, or 8 weeks post of.. Etc..

I am myself 8 weeks post op..would help to see whether I am doing all the appropriate exercises that you have jotted down..

Thanks
Ayan

Offline Ronaldo777

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 05:04:46 PM »
Hello I had my surgery on June 1st so it's been 7weeks on the squats should I use my knee brace? I also have a question I was bending my kne then felt a strong sting is it normal and its on my left knee