Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Glinda's Post-Op TTT 5-7-07  (Read 25662 times)

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Glinda's Post-Op TTT 5-7-07
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2007, 03:09:44 AM »
Thank you Tangarine!!!!  We appreciate it.   :D

Take Care
Glinda

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2007, 02:02:44 AM »
Just returned from an unplanned roadtrip with my favorite sister and my mom.  We went to Grand Haven, Michigan and had the best time ever.  I so needed time away from the day to day stresses of kids and the expectations of where they think I should be in this process.  I am feeling revived and refreshed but very tired from the drive home.  Going to bed to catch some zz's and then tomorrow I have to start getting things ready for a garage sale that I was supposed to be working on the whole time I was gone - ooops!!!!  :o  Oh well.  I also need to start getting the spare bedroom ready for our exchange student that arrives on August 4th.

I hope everyone is well - I will check in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.  Take care.  I can hardly wait to leave again on vacation - August 5th for two whole weeks.  Michigan here I come again.  Yippee!!!!

Take Care All.
Glinda

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
POST-OP over four months (I think it was 4 months on the 7th of Sept.)

I have been a very bad girl - it has been almost six weeks since I have updated here.  Life is moving very fast around here and finding time to do this is almost impossible.  I guess that is a good sign that things have progress to a state of "Normal" - at least for everyone else around here that has non-surgical knees. 

I am doing everything around the house that I was doing before the surgery (believe me my husband is greatful)!!!!  I have moments of thinking "oh yeah, I probably shouldn't be doing that" but I do and then I pay for it later.  For the most part life is good.  I am riding my bike three and a half miles three to four times a week and the other days I have started doing yoga and pilates.  I have pain at the incision site and a swelling at the site also that my OS says hopefully will go away.  He wants me to try to wait it out for at least the 6 month point.  The fear is that the screws are causing some irritation or that they are backing out.  I still have an area that is not healed completely in the fractured part but slowly it is doing its thing.  I'm just a little slow I guess!!!!!  ha ha !!!

I am sending out resumes and having interviews for the job situation.  That in itself is very stressful and depressing at this point.    I am either over qualified, too educated, took too much time off for raising my children (not dedicated enough to my career) or working for my husband just does not look good.  What the heck - the job market is just not good right now unless I want to work fast food or work at Wal-mart - neither of which is going to bring me the type of income that I am accustomed to and we need.  So.........life goes on.  I toy with the idea of just going back to school and doing something else - maybe then I'll figure out what i want to be when I grow up.  he he

Oh, and our refugee cat is pregnant again.....  I tried for two weeks to catch her in a live trap in order to take her to the vet and have her fixed. But since she is much smarter than the average kitty she evaded my attempts -maybe she just doesn't like tuna - hmmmmmm!  Anyway, we are once again going to be the happy owners of who knows how many little kittens in the next couple of weeks.  Everyone is happy about this BUT my husband.  Kind of funny - I think!  He has agreed that we can keep the refugee cat if I can figure out how to capture the hoebag and get her fixed.  Anyone with ideas feel free to let me know.

I hope everyone is doing well - I miss you all (Marge, Karen, Saul, Sarah, Krissie, Donna, and I know that I have missed others but my mind is not working right now.)  sorry!!!!

TAke Care All!
Glinda

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2007, 02:20:22 AM »
Glinda !!!!!!!!!

itis great to hear things are in a positive swing. But I have to say, I thought I was reading my posts (lol). I just had my screws taken out and you would not belive how big they are. I almost sh*t ! I had them removed last Friday and I am still sore from the surgery, but I can say that what pain I did have before is not here anymore. The downside is that now the knee needs to be made to move again as it has spent the 6 or so weeks in an array of braces, immobolizers and at one point a full leg cast. I guess the upside is that I start therapy next week, but all passive stuff. I do not have to wear the immobilizer unless I think I need to, but I have to stay on crutches for another 3 - 4 weeks with minimal weight. So this one made 13 and 3 of them within 12 months (almost to the day). It is amazing how we can measure time, the first of the 3 was 9-19-06. That is just tooo scary. So now I feel like I am starting all over again. AHHH, I just hear my screams now !!!!   :o :o ::) ::)

Anyway, this link takes you some pics of the screws (no blood !) http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/sternslp/?action=view&current=a7e6b963.pbw

Saul
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

Offline giege

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »
Saul,

Hello!!!  It is so good to hear from you and to hear that the procedure has helped at this point.  I know that it must seem daunting to have to start from the beginning again - BUT you now will not have this irritation in there that must have been causing problems all along.  Right?  Hopefully, this will make everything so much smoother.  You can do this - look at where you have been and how far you have come.  You are the "MAN"!!!!!!! 

Eeeeeek - I guess I didn't realize how long the screws were.  Those are nasty little boogers.  It just doesn't seem like we should have room for those in there, does it?

Take Care!!!!!
Glinda

Offline sterns

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2007, 04:54:20 PM »
I still bannot get over how long they are or how noticeable the weight is. Quite a thrill !!!!!!!!  But, the exploding type of pain and sensation has not come back. The only thing now that is just as tough to deal the second time around, is the weakness of the leg and the ROM. On top of that is that it will takke a little while before I will be able stand with out crutches. Hopefully, it will all be downhill !!

saul
{RT TKR}  Rotating Platform Knee
{LFT K}  6 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   9 arthroscopic procedures (cartilage, tendons, ligaments)
{RT K}   3 1st was arthroscopic, 2nd was TTT, 3rd screw removal
{LFT Shldr}   4 arthroscopic procedures & 1 slice and dice job
Lots o

support