Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: No Auto Immune disease, just OA and still awaiting insurance decision  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Cinammo

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Took Eli to a Rhumatologist in Milwaukee and he had a battery of tests.  Great doctor! The conclusion, for some reason, probably genetic, he has inherited this problem with his cartilage.  In a way it was a relief knowing there was not more to be concerned about.  I am now in direct contact with the individual who will know the day the decision comes out on my son's case about having the OATS procedure.  He is a paralegal that works for Tricare.  Something in his voice makes me feel positive, but that could be just wishful thinking.  He says another couple weeks for a decision.  Lets hope so.  Just keeping you all updated.
My 17 year old son had the OATS procedure on November 29th, 2006.  He has two previous scopes on the right knee and one on the left.

Offline brattkids

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • here's to a pain free tomorrow!!! Savvy
Re: No Auto Immune disease, just OA and still awaiting insurance decision
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:30:43 PM »
Its great to know that there isnt anything else to worry about and I am still praying for a positive desision on the OATS!!!!

Paulette  :)
4/04 microfracture
5/04 debris removal
8/04 OATS with synthetic plugs
11/04 OATS traditional autograft medial femoral chondyle
05/05 debris removal and OATS assessment
6/05 Cadaver Allograft OATS lateral femoral chondyle
9/05 OATS redone could not save allograft plug
12/2006 2007 and 2008 scop

Offline Cinammo

• Regular Poster
Re: No Auto Immune disease, just OA and still awaiting insurance decision
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 04:26:56 PM »
Thanks Paulette for always being there!
My 17 year old son had the OATS procedure on November 29th, 2006.  He has two previous scopes on the right knee and one on the left.