Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: lateral release-please help  (Read 4094 times)

Iona_-Uk

Re: lateral release-please help
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2002, 11:40:35 PM »
Hi Vlatka

I have posted in the rehab section asking for people to come and advise you about this. Hopefully someone should be able to help a bit kore than myself and you can get some great advice.

Iona

Offline Kris

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • My Wonderful Friend--Hobo RIP
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2002, 06:36:12 AM »
I had a question about that VMO muscle, Iona.  You got me thinking about it when you said that the muscle hurts when it's working, or something like that.  I've been having quite a bit of problems with my right leg after a lateral release in February.  It's  gotten weaker, while the left leg that had the same surgery in May has steadily improved.  The aread where the pain is on the right leg is on the inside where the VMO is located.  It hurts to squeeze.  I didn't realize it then, but now I do that when I was rehabbing the right one on the biofeedback machine I squeezed the muscle kind of hard to try and reach my goal and felt a sudden pop and pain that went away.  I remember not finishing my reps and not really given a reason why.  I'm hoping that that wasn't the cause of all this problem.  It may be, but it's been awhile.  With the difficulty I have squeezing the muscle and also now doing a straight leg lift, I'm not sure whether to blame it that or just a "naturally" occurring process because the surgery just didn't work.  As of now, I'm not allowed to rehab it until I go back in October (that may also be another readon for this continuing weakness).  
Right  LR on 2/8/02,  7/11/03, and 11/5/05
Left leg LR on 5/02, 4/05
Right achilles tendon lengthened on 2/01.   Synvisc injections on 2/17/03. 
Cortisone on 12/03 and 3/04, 12/05. 
Proximal Reallignment Right 5/23/05
R Microfracture 5/19/06
PFJR 6/20/07

Offline vlatka

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2002, 04:40:16 PM »
hi guys and thank you iona
i hope i will get the answer. i tried ti workout with 20 kilograms. my OS told me not to do it if it hurts because of presure on patella. i had volleyball practice yesterday and i falled and hit patella. it didnt hurt a lot but i felt something moving inside my patella. i hope it is nothing serious cause it is fine now. kris! does it hurt i mean VMO when you workout and streching it (bending your knee) or all the time. cause it hurts me when i put presure on knee and bent it at the same time. but now when my muscles are stronger it doesnt hurt that much like after the surgery.

support