Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: glucosamine, chondroitin, HA, MSM...my head is spinning!  (Read 3794 times)

Offline sharshar

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • San Francisco, CA Baltimore, MD
glucosamine, chondroitin, HA, MSM...my head is spinning!
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
I went to my OS for my 7-month follow-up appointment after ACL reconstruction surgery where he also trimmed part of my meniscus. I explained some of the problems I was still having, and he mentioned that I might have another meniscus tear. I didn't think it felt like a meniscus tear, so we decided to play it safe and try to strengthen my leg and see if it will go away. However, my other knee feels like it might have a meniscus tear. Maybe I'm being paranoid, who knows...

I'm looking into getting supplements to potentially encourage my body to heal the cartilage on its own. What dosage of each of these things should I take? And should I take all of them, or just a combination of some of them? Also, which one is better: glucosamine sulfate or glucosamine HCl?

Which brands are best? I'm thinking about GNC, Symtec, or Procosa II. Here's the website of the different supplement combinations that GNC offers: http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2146538&cp=2167069.2108498

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:04:03 PM by schwack »
January 2006 - left knee: ACLR (allograft), partial lateral meniscectomy (~20% trimmed)

June 2007 - left knee: lateral meniscectomy (~5% trimmed), medial meniscectomy (~5% trimmed)