Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Wanted to share a special story  (Read 2685 times)

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Wanted to share a special story
« on: April 27, 2003, 07:17:15 AM »
On Good Friday I had an appointment with a pain management doctor who will be yet another doctor on my case. My mom had to drive, of course, and my 5 yr old daughter decided to come too. She is very aware of what has been going on with my legs, as she always has been. The doctors all know her well, because she does ask questions of them.

On the way home she asked us what the word "cure" meant. We proceded to explain to her and that was the end of the conversation.

The next morning she went ot the kitchen to help my mom prepare breakfast for the B&B guests and prep for our holiday meal on Easter. Mary-Margaret was very quiet and finely said to my mom, "Gram, we are so lucky." My mom paused to see if anything else would be said then prompted with, "What do you mean?" "Well, Gram God is always with us." Mary-Margaret replied. "You're right honey. God is always with us." After a short silence M-M went on, "Gram, they might not be able to cure Mommy, but she will never be alone. God will always be at her side. And when she is having a bad day he will hug her. You know that is why she won't be alone."

Mary-Margaret in her short life has been through a lot. At the age of 2 1/2 she watched her best friend die. She was my grandmother and had lived withus for the last 9 months of her life. While my grandmother lay dying she had a tea party with her. Mary-Margaret still talksof that last tea party. And now for the past few years she has had to deal with me and my legs. She has now heard the saying so often she likes to tease me "You know Mommy, if we cut your legs off you're just fine and healthy."

Children have wisdom and faith that we adults try to complicate and do a fine job at. I remind myself each morning now that I am not alone and never will be as my pocket piece reminds me, "Fear not for I am with you."

God's Peace My Friends,
Wendy
began running long distances at age 7. Now I have two knees that have given in to my abuse! 3 scopes, LRs, Patella tendon repositionings, and years of pain. PKR on both. Diagnosed with RSD 3/4/2003.

Offline lam651

• Forum Faithful
  • Someday
Re: Wanted to share a special story
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 07:05:05 PM »
Thats a beautiful and inspiriing story. Out of the mouths of children come amazing things. Thank you for sharing. Larry
arthoscopy('99),HTO(tibia didn't heal 10/01),knee braces(7/02),HTO w/ex.fix. to repair tibial non-union(3/03), remove ex. fix.(9/03),HTO other leg(12/03)

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 03:40:19 PM »
Thats a very touching story Wensy, your daughter sounds very grown up for  2 1/2 and I'm sure you are immensley proud of her.
Thank you for that ray of sunshine.

Iona

SL99

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 06:07:31 PM »
That's lovely story Wendy, you're daughter sounds like a little star and a real credit to you. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Love and hugs....Jo
xxxx

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 04:51:59 AM »
Wendy, that just goes to show, if you breed from champions that's what you get.  That much wisdom had to come from somewhere.  Mary-Margaret sounds to be a very astute small person, God blesses us in ways we sometimes don't notice or fully appreciate because we are standing so close to them.

God bless you all and rest secure in the knowledge that He will always be there whenever you need a hug!
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 02:14:54 AM »
I'm glad you shared that.  It is hard to read what they are taking out of adult situations.

That was very touching, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio