Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: out of work again too much pain  (Read 817 times)

Offline skylarke15

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
out of work again too much pain
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:16:33 PM »
finally went back to  work two months ago even though i was still having trouble with knee after scope for two tears did phyical therapy drug therapy,but countinued to get worse , doctor kept blaming it on artrithis, but yet not getting any relief from meds, went back to doctor (no choice workmans comp) he finally sent me for another mri havent seen him yet but have paper report of finding just unsure of what it means can anyone help!!!!!!1. there is a increased signal seen between the posterolateral aspect of the lateral meniscuc and the joint capsule suggesting a partial meniscocapsular separtation of the posterolateral aspect of the lateral meniscuc2. a small defect seen in the horn of the medial meniscus which could represent a grade 4 tear or represent a postsurgical changes and correlation with thew patients surgical history is recommended#. a defect in the lateral aspect of the laterial meniscus compatable with postsurgical changes$. grade 2 to 3 chondromalacia of the patella... any help would be welcomed thank you

Offline luckygrandma

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: out of work again too much pain
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:34:03 AM »
finally went back to  work two months ago even though i was still having trouble with knee after scope for two tears did phyical therapy drug therapy,but countinued to get worse , doctor kept blaming it on artrithis, but yet not getting any relief from meds, went back to doctor (no choice workmans comp) he finally sent me for another mri havent seen him yet but have paper report of finding just unsure of what it means can anyone help!!!!!!1. there is a increased signal seen between the posterolateral aspect of the lateral meniscuc and the joint capsule suggesting a partial meniscocapsular separtation of the posterolateral aspect of the lateral meniscuc2. a small defect seen in the horn of the medial meniscus which could represent a grade 4 tear or represent a postsurgical changes and correlation with thew patients surgical history is recommended#. a defect in the lateral aspect of the laterial meniscus compatable with postsurgical changes$. grade 2 to 3 chondromalacia of the patella... any help would be welcomed thank you
This is probably just a lot of fancy talk for torn meniscus in more then one place. I was working in a preschool and I was havng all kinds of knee problems and kept going to the doctors and he would send me to therapy, etc. He finally did an MRI and showed me the results. He siad the meniscus was torn so bad it was holding on  by a thread. Them he did an arthroscopy and discoverd not only did I have a torn meniscus but I was loaded with arthritis. He debrided the arthritis but the pain just continued to get worse. I went back to work and in two months had to quit my job as the pain was too much.  He said the arthritis was located in one area and so he felt I could get away with a Partial Knee Replacement. RONG

support