Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Zimmer Knee - Gender solutions - DEC 6 2006  (Read 76736 times)

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
Re: Zimmer Knee - Gender solutions - DEC 6 2006
« Reply #375 on: March 09, 2007, 01:44:29 AM »
Dear Thomas,
I didn't understood:
Sort of like the OBGYN telling you what child birth is going to be.
Could you explain to me?
hugs

An Obgyn is a medical doctor who delivers babies.  In the United States most doctors that deliver babies are men.
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
Annie - have you abandoned you thread - where are you?
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
Hi all .

I did not abandon my tread.  Well I kinda did..  My harddrive decided it needed to be replaced. 

Getting stronger every day which is a good thing.   I find walking eases the pain.  Driving is getting more tolerable.  Everytime I pressed on the brake it felt like I was being jabbed.  The worse pain seems to be at night .  So I am trying to prevent late night wakings up.  So I am doing the ambiem to try to restore a normal sleep pattern.

Someone mentioned success stories.    I believe each person has to define their own level of success. 

Whether going back to Sports or just trying to carry a bag of grocery's into the house unaided.

I believe it is better to have the mindset of thinking this is where I am now and this is how I can cope with what is going on now. 

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »
Hi there Annie!  So sorry you had computer issues.  But it's great to hear that your driving, even if a bit painful - being independent is the key.

keep up the good work
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
Annie;

I'm glad your computer is fixed and you are back online. I agree that each person has to define their own level of success. I just want to be able to walk with a normal gait at a normal pace with no pain....something I haven't been able to do for the last eight years. And I'm getting there....slower than I'd like, but on the right path. You say you are getting stronger and your driving is better, so those are good things to celebrate!

I hope the Ambien works for you. I read a newspaper article the other day that said women (in general) complain about not sleeping well. Add a medical condition on top of that, and there are real problems.

Janet

P.S.  I definitely came to the site looking for information. I know more about my knee now than I ever imagined. I think educating yourself so you can ask intelligent questions is really important. On the flip side, it is sometimes hard for me when I read how well people are doing since I've had a much harder time. What's good is seeing everyone progressing at their own pace and working toward a good outcome (for them) in the end. Just my two cents worth!
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »
Hi Bonnie - cool - glad it was your hard drive that let you down - was getting worried for you there!!

I reckon that women naturally sleep badly as we have that inbuilt 'mummy' thing - lets face it - the men sleep right through the kids waking at night and we hear every last snuffle!

Hope your pills help you get back in that sleep pattern! I sleep best between - 6am and 8 am - unfortunately the exact time when I should be getting out of bed but my duvet just won't let me go! ;D

Good to see you back hun

anj ;D ;D
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Mag

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Don't tell me I need to do surgery on my knees
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2007, 12:02:27 AM »
.......Someone mentioned success stories.†I believe each person has to define their own level of success.†
Whether going back to Sports or just trying to carry a bag of grocery's into the house unaided.
I believe it is better to have the mindset of thinking this is where I am now and this is how I can cope with what is going on now.

Hi, Annie,
You are all right. Each person has to define their own level of success. 
Right now, I canít do Sports or carry a bag of grocery's into my house.
When I got it, Iíll be very happy.
I used to cry because I did not have shoes. Some day, I found someone that did not have foot. Then I realise how I was rich.

Offline Mag

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Don't tell me I need to do surgery on my knees
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »
Dear Thomas,
I didn't understood:
Sort of like the OBGYN telling you what child birth is going to be.
Could you explain to me?
hugs

An Obgyn is a medical doctor who delivers babies.† In the United States most doctors that deliver babies are men.

:D  Thanks
I used to cry because I did not have shoes. Some day, I found someone that did not have foot. Then I realise how I was rich.

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »
Knee just turned 3 years.   I really don't like to go back and read my old posts.  .. I just want to comment.  I been very blessed by this surgery. 

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:05 AM »
Congratulations Plumb!  i celebrated 3 yrs in October, and I just had my 3 yr post-op with my ortho - he said I was a star!!!!!

I no longer limp, I can squat, pain free, cant ask for anything more
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2011, 02:20:15 AM »
5 years old today... No issues with the right knee implant..   it's been a blessing.

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Zimmer Knee - Gender solutions - DEC 6 2006 8-15-2012 Left knee update.
« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
Just to update ..  Today 08/15/2012 getting the left knee replaced today..   What  wild ride.   This left knee  will be gone around 1 PM EST today  and another Zimmer Knee .. to match.. When I look back on my right knee I see all the hurt, and struggle and oh boy what a long way I have come..     I would be foolish not to say I am utterly blessed with my right knee outcome and its success and believe me my mobility with that one was kinda crappy for a whole year.    I will try to update on the recovery with lefty here.   

So I say this to all  folks.   The pre implant waiting is the worse..   :)   

Looking towards my first step with no knees..

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »
So I had my left knee done 17 days ago.   I had a Q-Ball Nerve block for pain relief and I did not have any hard core pain situations or puke events.    I did have an irregular heart beat post op and I had to have a nuclear stress test and EKG and a heart monitor.  All went fine with the heart.  The doctors said the irregular heart beat is a birth defect and since I am overweight and have a big chest.. The big chest is one of the rootcauses for the event.  Nothing to worry about NO blockage.. and blood pressure stabelized after a day on lopressor.. Now off of it.

I wanted to say Oh boy I blocked out the getting out of bed part post surgery..   The pain the pain..  Just when you think there is no way in hell you are going to get your leg out of bed suddenly the foot is on the ground.. Eagle has landed and walking is a pure pleasure.

I had a 10 day stay at an acute rehab  Kessler in Saddle Brook NJ.  I was off and walking fast.  Such an emotional boost...  I was very swollen so I was hoping and praying my ROM would equal 90 after 10 days.  I just about passed that goal day 10.

So here I go.. off into Out patient rehab.   Like I said my ROM was on the poor side.   Friday I measured 95 flex.  We are still early in the game and each day I see improvements. 

LIke today.  I did not have to use the high Rise toilet seat.    I was able to go around the first floor with Crutches.  The stairs still scare me 15 stairs staring me down daily.   

The Q-Ball nerve block was the game changer this surgery.   I did not have 10 buses of pain ..  No puking..  No mean nurses at rehab.   It all went smooth... except for the irregular heart beat thing.. Even my Sugar was excellent.

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Zimmer Knee - Gender solutions - DEC 6 2006. 6 years and wonderful
« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »
Six years and wonderful!!!!

support