Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can I carry on with sport?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Laura0310

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can I carry on with sport?
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:42:53 PM »
Hi

My knee often feels like it is 'popping out' ( definitely not dislocating) or doing something it really shouldn't. When this happens it is very painful, although it soesn't happen that regularly. When I bend my knee I can almost 100% of the time feel it sort of grind and click. My doctor said I may have torn something or have loose cartilage in my knee. I now have to wait for an MRI to confirm this.
Does anyone else have te same problem?
Do you think i should carry on playing sport (it doesnt appear to make it hurt more)?
Is there anything I can do to help?
Thanks

Offline Kickboxerchick

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Can I carry on with sport?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:20:04 PM »
Hi Laura

I'm new to all of this knee stuff myself, but from what you have described sounds very similar to what I have.

My physio diagnosed me with Chondromalacia patella (where the cartilage has softened and the kneecap isn't quite running in the groove it should, so I too get the grating, crunching and clicking sounds). 

You really should go and get it checked out by someone qualified like your GP or a physio.

I have had to give up my kickboxing since I was diagnosed almost a month ago :(  although yours might not be hurting anymore than usual doing your sport, you certainly don't want to aggrivate it any further and do anymore damage to it.

Hope this helped a little?

Good luck

:)

Diagnosed with Chondromalacia July 2006, really bad left knee . . .not quite so bad right knee!