Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee shifting and hyperextending  (Read 1474 times)

Offline steve3090

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee shifting and hyperextending
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:28:15 AM »
hi i am still new here and i wondered if anyone has had similar symptoms my knee shifts laterally out of place and hyperextends backwards i am desperate for an anwser please help me!

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: knee shifting and hyperextending
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 04:14:48 AM »
I had the same symptoms after I dislocated my knee. I have a knee replacement that dislocated. I had damage to my posterolateral structures and my PCL. My PCL damage showed up as hyperextension and the posterolateral damage as lateral shfting. I just had surgery to repair. I had a posterolateral reconstruction. Since I have a TKR , my femoral implant was replaced with a PCL sacrificing component. I also had to have a much larger spacer from the stretching. Those last two procedures wouldn't pertain to you since you do not have a TKR, but it sounds like you need to be seen by a knee doc to check out all your lateral, posterolateral ligaments and PCL. You might try posting down further in the collateral and cruciate sections to get more replies.

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA
openLOA,prox Zplasty
openLOA, 6 neuromas excised,synov
3 Fusions

Offline steve3090

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: knee shifting and hyperextending
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:22:08 AM »
ive had pcl and plc reconstructive sugery on my left knee so i know what its like but this knee is different my os said he has never seen anything like it and my pt cant figure out how i can walk without alot of pain so thanks for your help pam i really appreciate it im only 14 years old so i have alot of time to heal