Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: im back after surgery  (Read 889 times)

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
im back after surgery
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:05:25 AM »
[
Hiya all
it went ok I am really sore thought and can only out a little weight on my leg with the crutches, i thought it would be back to normal as soon as i had the op! lol

I  am in a little pain, not sure what hes done inside though I know  I had a tear in my discoed meniscus.
SO he cut that out. but left me a little there.

I had an epidural and then he put my leg up adn I heared the click and felt my leg come out like it normally does. so i paniced and they sedated me I Woke up near the end.

im scared after 7 years of if its still going to happen, i dont think it will, but you have to retrain your brain dont you.
I never sleped the whole night i was in hospital and i have had 4 hours scince i CAME home.
im still off it though on tablets. lol
really pleased its over,  thanks for all your support i really really appreciate it.
the doctor at the end of the operation pulled my leg above his head again, any idea why he did this or was it to put the bandage on??
Hope you are all feeling well, going to start my exercises tpoday physio gave me
xxtegs
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT
INNJECTIONS INTO THE JOINT

Offline Pansy

• Forum Faithful
  • My babies are my reason...
    • My MySpace
Re: im back after surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
Glad to hear things went well for you  ;)
I know the feeling of no sleep...I begged the nurses to give me something to help me sleep while I was in the hospital but of course they said no heh...I finally got a mostly full nights sleep last night at 11 days post op and here I am again up half the night tonight...It is 3AM already and I cannot sleep!! Hope your journey of healing involves more sleep than mine has so far!!!
Keep us updated on how things are coming along...And...Much good luck!
Pansy
26 y/o
7/2004-L Knee LR,Plica Removed,Scar Tissue Removed,Crack in Kneecap,Shallow Femoral Groove,Deep Fissuring and Fraying of Kneecap
7/2006-Fulkerson-Maquet TTT,Partial medial and lateral meniscectomy,Tibial osteotomy proximal bone graft,Chondroplasty,Debridement
2/2007- Hardware Removal

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:16:03 AM »
Hey Terssa,

I'm so pleased it's all over for you. Take your time to heal and don't try to rush to do things you can't yet manage on your own. Ask for help when you need it. There's no point in being a martyr and getting into difficulty.

Keep up with your exercises and take pain meds as and when required. Remember to RICE as much as possible, particularly during these first few weeks after surgery.

I'm around until next Wednedsay when I go back to work. Feel free to IM/e-mail me anytin=me if you want to chat.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »
Great stuff, we told you you'd be OK ;)
When he lifted your leg at the end of the op was it the same action that he used at the start of the op to put your knee out? Probably just a final check before wheeling you out of theatre. It does take a while to feel normal but it sort of creeps up on you, you'll worry about it to start with and then you'll have more and more time when you just aren't thinking about it. Do try and get some sleep it's the best thing in the world, I always find it's far more prone to being achey if I don't get enough sleep.
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 01:22:54 PM »
hiya yes it was the same action as the start of the op, I know he cut some of the meniscus away but not sure what he did all together, I remember asking him will the locking sensation stop now and he said it should do.
xx

xx
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »
How's it feeling today? OK you probably aren't skipping about yet but I hope any pain has let up a bit.
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:02:18 PM »
hiya thanks for asking its feeling a lot better today a bit stiff but it feels ok, i did some exercises and feeling really postive,
thanks for all your support
xxtegs :D
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT