Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PCL Injury  (Read 731 times)

Offline khuntley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PCL Injury
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:31:32 PM »
Hi everyone - I have a few questions and concerns about my PCL injury...hoping someone might have experienced a similar injury.

About 3 years ago I fell in the ice and completely tore my PCL.  I was told, at the time, that PCL repair surgery was not common adn to get physcial therapy, wear a brace and to become accustomed to the injury.  Now my pain has returned, I cannot walk up or down hills/stairs without alot of pain.  Even walking on uneven pavement hurts.  Has anyone had PCL surgery or can give any advice on the next step.  I am going back to the doctors, but they always seem hesitant to just repair my knee.  And, of course, now my other knee is beginning to degenerate from taking over for the bad knee for so long. 

Any thoughts or help would be most appreicated.

Thanks, Karen

Offline soozles

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • PCL recovery blog
Re: PCL Injury
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:35:25 AM »
I also have what my doc assumes to be a PCL tear also. This happened last year, and I had an MRI which didn't show anything, but I went back to my OS today because I can't go up and down stairs without pain, and it just feels really unstable. He did some tests and said it looks like I tore my PCL. I'm going for another MRI next week. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I can kind of understand what you're going through.
May 2005: Torn PCL, misdiagnosed as chondromalacia
April 2010: pain worse, lots of instability
Nov. 23, 2010: PCL reconstruction
progress here: http://pclrecovery.blogspot.com/

Offline khuntley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PCL Injury
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:39:06 PM »
Thanks - When I had my original MRI it showed a complete tear of the PCL...so it is gone...and at that time, the dr would not repair the PCL stating I would'nt be any better with the surrgery than I was at that time.  True, it did get better for a few years, but now it is back!  Wish theywould have fixed it to begin with.  I hope they can help you...

It is nice to have someone who understands!

karen