Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 1 year post patella repair - now screw removal needed  (Read 1012 times)

Offline tigergirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
1 year post patella repair - now screw removal needed
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »
My son fracured his knee last year, now the screws are working their way out and are going to be removed this week. He is an all star athlete and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share similar post screw removal recover stories with me and my family, so we have some idea what to expect this time around. We are hoping that it is not as bad as the repair recovery. Any and all inforamtion would be helpfull. Thank You
14 yr old Son fracture patella 7/7/5 crashing his bike, repaired with 2 screws, screw removal 8/3/6

Offline emphatic

• Forum Faithful
Re: 1 year post patella repair - now screw removal needed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:04:27 AM »
The recovery for a simple screw removal procedure is typically much easier than the original surgery. Depending on where the screws are located, it will probably be a small incision over the screw, it's removed, and the hole may be filled with bone paste if necessary. That's it.

He should do quite well. The first couple days might be a bit painful, but most people recover very quickly.

Meg

Offline steve3090

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 1 year post patella repair - now screw removal needed
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:37:04 AM »
i had screws removed after i had my pcl and lcl reconstructed and i didnt fell very good for the first few days but over all i felt 85% better because my screws were really bothering me