Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help!! I'm new here, Ihave adult OSD  (Read 1335 times)

Offline shelbelly04

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help!! I'm new here, Ihave adult OSD
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »
My name is Michelle, I am 32 and was diagnosed w OS when i was 8.  Every doc told me that I would grow out of it. ... Well dah!! I'm 32, when does "grow out of it" happen.  I have always had severe pain for as long as i can remember.  Now i have a 7 year old and 7 month old.  And I am afraid to carry my baby in fear i will drop him if and when my kneee's give.  I went to my PCP yesturday because they're killin me!!  She gasped when she saw them.  refered me to Canandaigua Ortho.  When i called them with the "preliminary report" from my pcp the secretary placed me on hold and when she came back she told me no one in that practice would even see me do to NOONE there has ever heard of adult OS!!  so they refered me to Strong hospital... Got a secretarty again that was cluless to the adult diagnosis either. OMG!! i feel lost.  She told me a doc who specializes in OS, the only one in our area, is out of town until monday and does not except my insurance!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  So she said that being NOONE in this area has ever heard of adult OS, he may be willing to take me on due to curiosity..WHAT!!??  This is my life and I am in so much pain that i cant stand it!!  The protrution, i guess we'll call it, sticks out about 2 inches..Gulf ball? Lets try basket ball!!!  It's ugly and painful!  I havnt ever worn shorts!!  I read at least one person that had surgery on here, and trust me, i feel sooo much better knowin I'm not a freak and there IS more adults with this problem.  Please, anyone... Let me know if you've had surgery and the details of it.  I dont know if this doc will except me, but i'm scared and need some support!! My email is [email protected] thank you all so much-Michelle

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Help!! I'm new here, Ihave adult OSD
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »
I'm sorry, but what is adult OS?

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »
Hi There

I'm afraid I am unable to help other than offer words of encouragement, please don't give up, there will be someone who can help you. Where there's a will there's a way. ;)

There is a section on this board called ......Over Use of the Knee .... which includes Osgood Schlatters. Perhaps there are people there that can offer words of wisdom. (I hope I have guessed the abreviation correctly)

In the meantime I wish you all the luck in the world. This site has been like a life line to me, you are not alone.

Hop  ;D

Offline shelbelly04

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
Well come to find out, It's not Osgood schlatters that's causing all my pain!! It's an enormous ossicle shredding my tendon on TOP of my osgood!!  Surgery in september!! YIPEEE finally some answers! ;D

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »
Hi Michelle

What an absolute result! WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo! ;D Chuffed to ribbons for you girl.

Let us know how you get on.

Happy Days
Hop