Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New here  (Read 698 times)

Offline lindzlane

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New here
« on: July 31, 2006, 07:10:44 PM »
Hi!  Just thought i'd introduce myself and say hey!  I am 24 and have had knee problems since i was 15.  I've had 3 surgeries on my R knee with one being distal realignment.  After the surgery I got RSD and while the RSD has calmed down i'm still in alot of pain.  My left knee is just as badly messed up it just hasn't been operated on yet.  I swim and i always wear orthotics and special tennis shoes and i still ice my knees b/c of pain(the only reason i'm saying all of this is i'm hoping you have suggestions or words of wisdom or to just relate to someone who has been there.  I'm seeing a new guy now and we've been working on things for over a year b/c he does his best not to operate but he fears that might me my only option.  If you have any suggestions please let me know-i'm so glad i found a site where i can talk to others with the same problems. 

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi

Welcome.  Im sorry you're still having so many problems.  I can't really offer any advice on the RSD thing as I've never had it but I had problems with both my knees since I was 12 (Im now nearly 39), my OS, like yours, took all the most conservative approaches first to see if anything worked, unfortunately it didn't, I eventually had the TTT, it worked great on my left knee.  My right knee went through the same problems but my OS decided to go straight to the TTT since it worked so well on the left, both my knees have been great in that they do not dislocate or sublux any more but I still have major problems with OA pain.  I know that it must be a lot harder for you to make the decision of another surgery after having the RSD so I can't really advise you on that but I can understand that it will be a very hard decision to make.

Did you have the TTT because of dislocations?

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline saunakay1067

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: New here
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
Hi

Welcome.  Im sorry you're still having so many problems.  I can't really offer any advice on the RSD thing as I've never had it but I had problems with both my knees since I was 12 (Im now nearly 39), my OS, like yours, took all the most conservative approaches first to see if anything worked, unfortunately it didn't, I eventually had the TTT, it worked great on my left knee.  My right knee went through the same problems but my OS decided to go straight to the TTT since it worked so well on the left, both my knees have been great in that they do not dislocate or sublux any more but I still have major problems with OA pain.  I know that it must be a lot harder for you to make the decision of another surgery after having the RSD so I can't really advise you on that but I can understand that it will be a very hard decision to make.

Did you have the TTT because of dislocations?

Natalie.

support