Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: what have i done to my knee exactly?!  (Read 892 times)

Offline aurehsalla

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
what have i done to my knee exactly?!
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »
Fell over last saturday (22nd July) and didn't think much of it.  I came running out of a field and landed on my left knee whilst it was bent, and it took the majority of my weight (i'm about 9st and 5'7", so not overweight or anything), and got a barely so much as a graze on my right knee and right hand as i came down.  was in the middle of shooting for my friend's film and didn't think it was that serious, so did the shot again, this time without falling over.  went to A&E and my patella had shifted upwards onto my femur, and i'd been told i had a ligament injury, and to rest it.

it has been very swollen, stiff and bruised, and that uncomfortable wet/dripping feeling inside, but i'm now starting to be able to bend it again, the graze has nearly healed and the swelling has almost gone, but i'm still having problems with walking, particularly getting up and down stairs.  i've only just managed to get myself signed off work, and the last week has probably taken its toll.  My right knee is also starting to hurt as obviously i'm needing it to work alot harder to compensate for the left.

i think i've torn my PCL as i've had what you' classify as a 'dashboard' impact injury, and possibly my LCL (doctor pressed on the outside side of my knee and i nearly went through the roof).

anyone got any ideas just what i've done so i can explain to my boss just why i need to take time off to let this heal properly?!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:47:33 PM by aurehsalla »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: what have i done to my knee exactly?!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:32:25 PM »
Call back and make them check it again or try to see a OS or in worst case GP to get papers that you can't work yet.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.