Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee portals causing problems  (Read 921 times)

Offline j2murra

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee portals causing problems
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »
I recently had ACL surgery and I am having a problem with a catching feeling associated with the portal holes.  Everytime I try to bend my knee it hangs on either scare tissue or something. What is my issue? Can anyone help me out.

Offline jennifer_in_clyde

• Forum Faithful
Re: Knee portals causing problems
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:05:06 PM »
You may have scar tissue you need to break up. At my 10 day post-op appointment (ACLR also) I was told to do a brisk "friction massage" over each of my incisions several times a day to prevent scar tissue from forming and to break up any that might be there already - have you been doing this? Not a great feeling - but the more I do it the less discomfort I'm having from my portals and main incision.
May 2006 ruptured right ACL and tore medial meniscus
July 14 2006 allograft ACLR and meniscus repair
July 2011..reinjury - is my ACL okay??
December 2011- surgery - turned out to be a articular cartilage tear - MFX and lateral menisectomy

Offline j2murra

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »
Yes I have been doing that.  The cathing seems to have gotten a little better but still does it a lot.  Are you basically just rubbing it?

Offline sharshar

• Regular Poster
  • San Francisco, CA Baltimore, MD
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:15 AM »
I agree, it's probably just scar tissue. I broke down my scar tissue by really pressing down hard and rubbing the incisions in circular/back-and-forth motions. You should be fine, don't worry.
January 2006 - left knee: ACLR (allograft), partial lateral meniscectomy (~20% trimmed)

June 2007 - left knee: lateral meniscectomy (~5% trimmed), medial meniscectomy (~5% trimmed)