Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please stop my 'jumpy knees'!  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Giglan

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Please stop my 'jumpy knees'!
« on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:11 PM »
Does anyone else get 'jumpy knees'!!?

I get them a lot, particularly in the evenings. It drives me, and my boyfriend crazy, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop it - except pacing up and down the room, which is just as annoying!
It's probably caused by my knee problems, but does anyone else get it, and how do you stop your legs from doing the highland fling every evening!!

Thanks! :)
Bi-lateral anthroscopy on 09.03.07 - severe damage to both knees.
Diagnosed with Osteo-arthritis in January '08 - advanced in right knee and beginning to spread to hip.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Please stop my 'jumpy knees'!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:33:34 PM »
How do you mean ? Can you describe it better ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
restless leg syndrome!!

you need sleep!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Giglan

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
Nettan

Well, it's hard to explain! It mostly happens during the evenings or sometimes when I go to bed. I can feel this 'sensation' building up in my knee, almost like everything is tensing up, as if cramp is coming. I've tried to fight against it, but it's impossible, this feeling just builds up and up for about a minute and then my knee jerks/jumps. This mainly happens in my right knee, but sometimes in my left too. Could it be related to my knee problems - se other post ' bi-lateral anthroscopy advice needed'?

It's driving me crazy, and my boyfriend, as whenever we settle down on the sofa to watch a bit of telly my legs start doing the jig! The only way I can control it is by getting up and pacing up and down the room. This eases it for a while, but it soon returns.

It does appear to get worse when I am tired, but it also often happens when I'm relaxed and not at all tired too. I've read other peoples experiences of having similiar symptons, but they've said that they've discovered lumps/cysts around the kneecap. Maybe I've done a bit too much investigating there though??!?!?!
Diagnosed with Osteo-arthritis in January '08 - advanced in right knee and beginning to spread to hip.

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »
Hi,

I know exactly what you mean, I get it too and it drives me totally crazy, I have to keep constantly moving my legs around and stretching them, I have tried EVERYTHING from getting more sleep (which is difficult when you can't stop moving long enough to actually get to sleep), massage, vitamins, aromatherapy oils, I was told to try eating bananas at bedtime or drinking tonic water, but none of it has worked for me, the only thing I find that gives me a little bit of relief is having a very hot bath before bedtime and a couple of painkillers but even then its a hit or a miss whether it helps.  I can empathise and wish I could give you an answer but I'm still looking for one myself.  I hope you manage to find SOMETHING that helps.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline Kickboxerchick

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 12:39:05 PM »
No, sorry, I haven't had that so i'm not much help sadly.

I do get what I call 'jiggly' legs in the evenings where I have to sit and jiggle them because they feel restless.

I hope your knees feel better soon.

Shirley
Diagnosed with Chondromalacia July 2006, really bad left knee . . .not quite so bad right knee!

Offline Giglan

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »
'Jiggly' legs sounds similiar too!

Restless, jumpy, jiggly, incredibly annoying!!!

I have read an article recently in my Granmothers Womans Weekly, that this can be relayed to a vitamin B12 deficiency. Although as we all have dodgey knees, it's probably more due to that! :)