Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Some help please  (Read 669 times)

Offline tnstewartfan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Some help please
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:00:16 PM »
hi,  not sure how to explain.  I had LR last year on left knee to fix my knee cap tracking. After surgery and rehab pain went away.  Now I'm starting to experience pain in my quad and hamstring  and soreness on the inside of my knee.  Sometimes there is a hot spot.  Pain is not severe but very bothersome .  It increases the more I do as far as work where I walk and go up and down stairs alot.  I do the streches I learned in thearpy at least twice a day it helps some but not enough.  Confused on what to do ? 

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Some help please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:46:37 PM »
Hi,

I would get yourself back to an OS to have it checked out, if there's pain and hot spots then there is obviously something not quite right.  Having a LR to correct patella tracking is notorious for failing, I also had a LR to correct maltracking, it worked for about 6 months - 1 year and then started maltracking and dislocating again, it may possibly be that your LR has failed, or it could just be that you need to build up your quads etc more, but either way I would certainly get it checked out by a qualified knee surgeon just to be sure.  Good luck.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements