Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Update on my knee  (Read 899 times)

Offline ELBOW2HEAD

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Update on my knee
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »
Hi all,

OK,just want to pick your brains if i can.

Here's a link to my injury

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28436.0

So,now I can put weight on my left leg but it hurts more if i put my heal down. I still use my crutches and if i relax my knee it feels like my leg is gonna fall off or something. The back of my knee hurts like hell (aswell as my right side as explained in the link) and if i bend it backwards aswell as extending hence the fact i don't put my heal down when hobbling. I forgot to mention in my other post that 3 months before i hurt it in football i was doing brazilian jiu jitsu and my knee got what i can explain is over extended and it felt like the back of my knee made a squelchy noise. I got up and it hurt like hell and it took me a while to get over it. This injury created a horrible pain if i swing my leg out to kick a ball. It was the same when i squatted too. Anyway after 3 or so months and regular exercise it got less painful until i did my recent injury as shown in the link.

This pain is back and its exactly the same but much much worse and it seems to not get any better at all.

So sorry for the long post but is my old injury a ligament problem or muscle related as its worse than ever before?

Is it bad that i feel that my leg (knee down of course) feels like its gonna fall off?

Many thanks for your time and any comments would make my day.

Football injury July 2006
Confirmation of ACL injury Oct 2006 by OS
Had ACLR (Hamstring) and lateral meniscus repair on 26th March 2007

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Update on my knee
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
Sorry you injured your knee, no one here can really tell you what you did to your knee, we're not docs.  But, to me, it sounds like you need to see and OS ASAP.   Either go directly to and OS preferably one that specializes in knees, or if you need to, get your GP to order a consult with an OS.

Best of luck and let us know how you're doing.

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline ELBOW2HEAD

• Forum Faithful
Re: Update on my knee
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:58:57 PM »
I have an oppointment to see the othepedic on the 15th of this month.

Just curious about my symptoms thats all.
Football injury July 2006
Confirmation of ACL injury Oct 2006 by OS
Had ACLR (Hamstring) and lateral meniscus repair on 26th March 2007