Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: popping  (Read 3539 times)

Offline kld

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
popping
« on: September 09, 2002, 09:33:16 PM »
  I have been told by more than 1 doctor that knee popping is not serious and that it is common and doesnt lead to arthritis.  should i believe this?
 my knee never subluxes but if i bend and straigten it repeatedly it will begin to pop (non-stop). if i let it pop a lot i fee sore later on.
 could multiple docs be wrong?  does anyone else have knees that pop when they bend and straighten repeatedly and sometimes going up stairs? what have you been told?
29 year old athletic female; plica removal 10/02

Iona_-Uk

Re: popping
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 09:38:58 PM »
I was told,as long as the two boney surfaces were not actually clicking together then arthritis or bone deformity would be very unfortunate. I stand to be corrected by other knee geeks but is clicking an actual sign of osteoarthritic changes? I though not but if anyone else knows.....

I lived for 2-3 years with my clicking and always my knee was very achey and "tired" but I am glad I did see an os who was helpful.

Your symptoms sound like my diary!

Please do get things checked out- the greatest piece of advice I can offer you in the meantime is to do your research, as any OS worth his salt will listen to what you have reserched and lead you from there.

Iona

Offline Kris

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • My Wonderful Friend--Hobo RIP
Re: popping
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 04:51:40 AM »
I have a great deal of clicking or popping in the knee as I go down stairs and up stairs.  I was told as long as it didn't hurt, it was nothing.  Not sure I believe it or not since now I'm 24 years old and in constant knee pain.
Right  LR on 2/8/02,  7/11/03, and 11/5/05
Left leg LR on 5/02, 4/05
Right achilles tendon lengthened on 2/01.   Synvisc injections on 2/17/03. 
Cortisone on 12/03 and 3/04, 12/05. 
Proximal Reallignment Right 5/23/05
R Microfracture 5/19/06
PFJR 6/20/07