Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I have a question about my knee problem  (Read 929 times)

Offline aaron89

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I have a question about my knee problem
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »
hi i am a 17 year old footbal player. About 2 years ago i had a small injury in my knee. Back then it was so small I dont even remember what happend. But over the years i have noticed that my left knee is different than my right. They both look alike, but if I sit and exend my left knee it moves up then right before it locks out i have to move my knee to the left and then it will lock out. Also just recently i noticed when i sprint my knee hurts. When i wrapped an ace bandage around my knee it help a little. If anyone can tell me what i have and if there are any braces that will help me.

Offline luckygrandma

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: I have a question about my knee problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:35:01 PM »
hi i am a 17 year old footbal player. About 2 years ago i had a small injury in my knee. Back then it was so small I dont even remember what happend. But over the years i have noticed that my left knee is different than my right. They both look alike, but if I sit and exend my left knee it moves up then right before it locks out i have to move my knee to the left and then it will lock out. Also just recently i noticed when i sprint my knee hurts. When i wrapped an ace bandage around my knee it help a little. If anyone can tell me what i have and if there are any braces that will help me.
No one here is a Doctor and shouldn't be giving you that kind of advice. You need to get referred to an Orthopedic Doctor and get some x-rays takesn and if that doesn't show the problem perhaps an MRI. You might have torn the tendon or somthing that doesn't show up on an x-ray. Your Medical Doctor can give you a referral.