Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Which brace???  (Read 2076 times)

Offline PBLong

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Which brace???
« on: January 23, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »
My husband smashed his knee cap - approx 10 years ago - doctors won't do anything for the pain now except pain killers - 100's of knee braces on the market - but which one do you choose.  Can anyone recommend one for support.  His knee gets more painful after long car journeys, any manual work in the garden, and hiking.  Can anyone help us choose please 

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Which brace???
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »
Hi,

It's really hard recommending braces to anyone, but maybe you should go to a brace shop and have him try on some and get recommendations from the brace people.  Once they understand what his probelms are they should be able to help.

Good luck.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
Talk to your husband's doctor(s) about the brace.  They should be able to refer you to an orthotist who will be able to select and properly fit the brace that will be most adventageous for your husband's condition. 
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline Heavy Harry

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • A railroad Labourer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:10:49 AM »
Hello  People

The type of brace is the  C150, I wear em to both legs.....as they can dislocate at anytime. I suppose some of you people has heard of my user name before, don't know what happened but my user name went kput so I had sign and register in again. So here am, at the bottom of the heap again.....sigh!!! :-[

So far the braces has served their pupose, couple of printouts here and there, but that nothing new. Losing the skin off you is alot worse then printouts!!!

Offline vick

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »
I mean y is a brace used for? ive dislocated my patella now im recovering slowly , u never know when it might deslocate again , wat  if u wear braces it will still dislocate if u run or play games

support