Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fulkerson/TTT for arthritis  (Read 1782 times)

Offline izzibop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Fulkerson/TTT for arthritis
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »
Has anyone here had a Fulkerson as a treatment for arthritis pain?  I have tri-compartment arthritis, but the worst is definitely in my patello-femoral compartment and my OS is recommending a TTT (he called it a tibial tubercle osteotomy, but I guess you call that a TTT) to alleviate the arthritis pain.  He sees this as a possible prelude to ACI or allograft transplants, which he figures would be more likely to succeed if we changed the joint forces a bit, though he's hopeful I may get enough relief from the Fulkerson to not need anything more, for now.  From what I've read on this board, it seems like people have the HTO for arthritis and the TTT mainly for patella instability issues.  I've never had sublixation or problems with dislocations, just bad arthritis that has its origin in meniscus and ACL tears when I was 19 followed by years of stubborness (I'm 36 now; I had the ACL reconstructed when I was 19 and went back to playing basketball, running, and ignoring whatever pain I had).  So, the mechanics of my knee have never been a real problem, and I'm nervous about messing with that.  Anyone else here have experience with this?  I also posted this on the patello-femoral board.   
Thanks!
Julie
36 years old
ACL tear, medial and lateral meniscus tears, R knee - 1989
ACL reconstruction - 1989
debridements - 1991, 1992, 1999, 4/26/06