Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Arthroscopic Debridement  (Read 2368 times)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Arthroscopic Debridement
« on: April 25, 2003, 07:52:51 PM »
Placeholder - just to start the topic heading. Please help, everyone, to get this section going.
KNEEguru
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 10:39:09 AM by admin »
--
KNEEguru

Offline Stan Greenwood

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Arthroscopic Debridement
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 02:09:25 PM »
Hello,

I have had this procedure done twice now, and it is painless.  Although it has never actually helped me as I am now waiting to have an Autologous chondrocyte transplant (ACT).
4 arthoscopy's, De-bridlement, Laterel release, Awaiting Autologous Chondrocyte Transplant

Offline Happycructchchck

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:29:44 PM »
I just had it too along with a Manipulation.  It really wasn't bad at all.  Today is day 4 since my procedure and I am back at work.

I have seen a lot of improvement in the first few days (was at 60-80 degrees before and got to 107 degrees yesterday in PT).  It takes a lot of dedication to PT and the CPM machine, but the procedure itself is not too bad.

Paige
RT Tibial Plateau Fracture 5/6/03, 5 pins & 2 plates
Arthroscopy & Manipulation 10/10/03
ROM - Able to bend to 110 with very hard work- still a lot of pain at fracture site
ACL damage also

Offline Kimberly_Jo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 07:17:07 PM »
Hi Paige:  This is my first entry on the kneeboard.  I wish I knew about it four months ago.  Just reading about  the same problem you are having really helps.  The debridement you had, was it for adhesions?  Actually today my PT is calling my OS to let him know that I am not progressing.  He did tell me that I would have to have MUA with the scope if I did not improve this month.  I had PCL & MCL repair and my ROM is just now at 85 and that is pushing really hard.   I am really nervous about another surgery, but I can't live like this.  Please let me know if this is what you had done.  I am fighting depression :( :(  Any input would be appreciated.  

Thanks, Kim.
horse fell on me 9\13\03, mcl\pcl repair  10-16-03: Arthroscopic debridement w\manipulation 3/04/04, horse kicked me in my knee 4-23-04, sprained/strained & bruised....

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 13
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 10:52:53 PM »
Kim,

Check out the soft tissue healing problems section on this page.  There are a lot of people (myself included) who have scar tissue problems.  These postings (usually under the subject 'arthrofibrosis') deal with manipulation and the kinds of issues you are talking about with flexion.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

support