Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 195512 times)

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #855 on: April 01, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
 I am so glad to here someone else say  they are having weather problems.  Before I had ACLr I had a weather predicting knee that was about 85-90% accurate.  After that surgery it went away.  After mt TKA it is back again.

I am in the same boat as far as not there just yet “Best thing I have ever done”  I am tickled  with the positive outcomes of the surgery.  I really can’t complain about what I can already do.  It has been 3 ½ months since the surgery and there are more days that I feel normal now. 

I am surprise at this recovery.  Last week I was complaining about still having pain and not being able to some things and then almost over night there seems to be incredible improvement.  Is there any one else that feels this way?  It seems like my brain is trying to “hold back” and the body is saying “not way”.

Since my OS says I am 3-4 months ahead of the game maybe that is why I feel this way.  I remember when I learned that I was going to need TKA on my other knee I said there is no way I will do this surgery again. I’m not ready to go under the knife yet but I can say that I will have the other TKA some day.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:59:54 PM by L. Thomas.net »
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline sharon74

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #856 on: April 02, 2007, 01:30:38 AM »
Hello there Knee and Anja!!  I have been thinking about you guys a lot lately and I wanted to pop in and say hello and see how you are doing.  Reading up on you it sounds like you are still having some problems Knee - I really was hoping that you would be in the clear now   :-\
1990 - left knee exploratory - removed scar tissue
1991 - left knee LR
1993 - right knee LR
2002 - left knee LR
2006 - left knee TTT/LR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #857 on: April 02, 2007, 04:15:07 AM »
Sharon - Thanks for the thoughts.  I am no where ready to do another surgery. Yet I am well aware I have to protect my natural knee or else.   I been around the block so to speak.  I think the most important thing now is having confidence in my OS.  Actually since last Sept I knew I had little joint space on the left. Which is why standing xrays are so important for me anyway. 

So I am getting the injections ( fix a flat)  diet & excercise and ice.

Also, It is very important to find out your limits and keep from doing stupid things that you know will hurt your knees. I was telling someone in my family about the pains in my knees I had for years and years. If anything I wish I knew alot more than than I did now about arthritis.  But on the positive side  I will never regret I went for the implant.  I take alot of things more seriously now.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #858 on: April 04, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »
Hi Sharon ;D How are you? Long time no see!

I am doing well thanks - few twinges still to iron out - but so good!

Update on my son

Saw the OS this morning and a sports physio, physio happy that is is just meniscus tear - OS agrees but a bit guarded - wants MRI to check extent of tear to see how to follow up , and also not happy about ACLR so hoping to get a good view on scan - really dont want more surgery if we can avoid it - He is following my course of injuries and don't want him to be looking at major surgery like I had to - so anyhow he asked for the the scan to be listed as urgent - bearing in mind a non urgent is 32 weeks :o we could be waiting a while!

1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2007, 08:21:34 PM »
Miracle! MRI scan on 2nd MAY ! less than 4 week wait from seeing the OS.
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #860 on: April 21, 2007, 08:49:42 PM »
Hey the NHS excelled themselves today and sent out an appt for my son to see the OS again on 26th April - hmm would be great except he won't have had the MRI or results back!! 10/10 for enthuisiasm!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #861 on: June 17, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »
Amazing - son had MRI results a couple of weeks ago - cartalidge torn  but leaving it to see how it gors - he doesn't want surgery. He got sent anothr appt for next week? ??? One minute you cant get to see the OS ten all the appts get doubled up!! MAD !

I am waiting to see a neurologist - still have this burning sensation in both my legs below the knees - to me they are hot but hubby says they are freezing to touch - it is not so much pain but really getting uncomfortable and strange. 

Lump above knee - anyone else got this - just around the area where the top 'computer navigation hole' was has gone very thick and lumpy - not hurting just odd?

Offline costumer

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #862 on: June 17, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »
Lump above knee - anyone else got this - just around the area where the top 'computer navigation hole' was has gone very thick and lumpy - not hurting just odd?

Yep, I have one right near the lateral puncture. I thought it was an arthritis lump, since it's right near the top of the tibia. I asked the OS about it and he said it wasn't uncommon- it was a small bit of scar tissue and fluid buildup from the puncture, and that I should 'worry' at it and massage it as much as possible to wear it down. I've been doing that - can't say I've seen any change though. At least, as you say, it doesn't hurt!

-Judy
Dx: bi-lat subluxating patellae w/chondromalacia 4/1977
6/78 LR - LK
1/80 TTT-Hauser LK; 12/80 Proximal Realignment Mystery- RK
1/82 Maquet TTT- LK
11/06 Meniscectomy; Mild OA- RK, 12/06 Meniscectomy; Mod OA- LK
3/07 Bi-lat severe arthritis
9/18/07 bi-lat TKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #863 on: June 17, 2007, 04:49:33 PM »
it isn't one of those little scar tissue 'knots' more of a raised mound - about 4 cm x 1.5cm across the lower part of the tibia - about 3 cm above the knee cap.

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #864 on: June 17, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
OK Anja........I am confused.  Do you Brits have different knee anatomy than the rest of the world??  The "mound" is across the lower part of the tibia and above the knee cap??   ??? 

Is the lump hard??  Does it move when you press on it?  When did it show up?  Was it gradual or did it appear quickly?  Do you enjoy playing 20 questions with me??  :)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #865 on: June 17, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »
omg I meant to say femur!

I just noticed it yesterday when I was rubbing my legs as they were so cold! so it must have gradually appeared - it is very firm but not hard like bone. think I am going to have to see my GP as my hubby keeps nagging me saying he doesn't want to end up spoon feeding me - erm worst case scenario LOL- Bless him - he is having a wisdom tooth removed soom and I have promised him that treatment!! - wonder if I can ask the gynae about it when I get my IUD tomorrow LOL!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #866 on: June 17, 2007, 08:21:07 PM »
and my knee is quite swollen still  !!!!

Patty you can ask whatever you like !! doesn't mean I will answer!!

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #867 on: June 17, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »
Patty you can ask whatever you like !! doesn't mean I will answer!!
Gosh, what kind of attitude is that??  I happily answer any and all questions.

And gynae are very familiar with lumps, so I think that having your gynae look at it tomorrow is a strong plan.  ::)  :P[/color]

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #868 on: June 17, 2007, 08:28:43 PM »
But Anja..hey you can't really know for sure that Patty answers you with a true answer..as she always pretend and lives in her own world..you never know what she can come up with. :P ;D
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #869 on: June 17, 2007, 08:47:46 PM »
actually I think you are as bad as each other!

Sorry Patty - wrong attitude - you are right - forgive me - have emailed you ;D

Oh patty - did you divorce your twin?

Nettan - I am sure you live elsewhere as well!!

support