Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 192028 times)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »
hey annie - I know it is the back of the leg but where does it end - or what is the muscle or tendon called that runs at the back on the inner side of the knee?
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2007, 07:29:36 PM »

You mean like something like this ?  The LCL   oh wait that is lateral.. you mean medial if it is in the inside.   MCL   I found this on the homepage of the kg site.  Good lord.. It reads like greek..

once you have identified the pes ancerine, you will be able to detach the sartorius, gracilis, and semitendinosus at this location. After reflecting these tendons, you will need to carefully remove the deep fascia. Once this is completed, you will be able to see the tibial or medial collateral ligament (MCL). This "fan shaped" thick band is one of four major ligaments of the knee which provide stabilization. The MCL provides medial stabilization to prevent the knee from buckling inward. Using your probe, you will be able to locate the medial meniscus where the deeper portion of the MCL makes its attachment. (We will discuss the menisci more in depth later). Also on this figure, you can see the anterior attachment of the soleus muscle, an ankle plantarflexor, which lies deep to the gastrocnemius muscle.

http://www.ithaca.edu/faculty/lahr/LE2000/LE_knee.html

or maybe this is more what you are asking-- all found on the main page of this web site.

The hamstrings are in fact three individual muscles:

semi-tendinosus (also called a ‘pes anserine’ tendon)
      semi-membranosus
      biceps femoris

http://www.fitstep.com/Advanced/Anatomy/Hamstrings.htm

lol so point to the pain ...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:47:57 PM by knee deep in Goo »

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #812 on: March 12, 2007, 07:32:12 PM »
hey annie - I know it is the back of the leg but where does it end - or what is the muscle or tendon called that runs at the back on the inner side of the knee?

I have a pain it that spot too, but I always have pain in that spot after everything I have had..even debridements.
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2007, 08:36:35 PM »
So with all the pain in the hamstring, what do we do.  I have hamstring pain, and pain to the touch on the front of the quad and am at wits end.
Ellenmarie

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #814 on: March 12, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »
Call your OS  If you are at witts end pain.. why suffer???? When Your Os will be able to help you best.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »
aha - it the semi tendinosus bit!! ;D Thank you.

This bit 'catches' and I suppose the only way to describe it is that it like pings like an elastic band ??? - not what I would say is painful - more discomfort for the moment it does it and makes me cautious to make the next movement.
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #816 on: March 12, 2007, 11:01:15 PM »
When I had my MRI back in Dec 05- it showed I had problems with that on my right leg.   God knows I was limping pretty good back than..   I was so stubborn to even go see a doctor and my knee crap started in Oct 05  and I didnt see my GP till the end of November 2005  and look what that got me..

Just keep a good eye out and take that cane if you need it and  DO not over do it at work!!!!!

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:58 PM »
thanks again for the words of wisdom.
Ellenmarie

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #818 on: March 13, 2007, 07:05:57 PM »
hey annie - thats on my tkr knee :o

I was at work today and at one point there were three of us all talking together and all had knee replacements withing 6 weeks of each other!

Offline L. Thomas.net

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Louann in Tennessee/USA
« Reply #819 on: March 14, 2007, 04:45:16 AM »
aha - it the semi tendinosus bit!! ;D Thank you.

This bit 'catches' and I suppose the only way to describe it is that it like pings like an elastic band ??? - not what I would say is painful - more discomfort for the moment it does it and makes me cautious to make the next movement.

Yup
rubber band snapping on both sides of my knee, not painful just Aggravating.  Makes me thing I don't have the support I need.
Mulitple Knee surgeries/ TKA: 06  
Left Hip femoroplasty : 08   
Post Op- TKAinTN 06: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=33906.

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
« Reply #820 on: March 14, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »
Exactly. Aggravating as you feel that when you walk it is going to snap.  I developed something new as well.  THe muscle/nerve quad thing in the front of my leg burns like hell.  Tried, heat and bengay, nothing works, cannot lay on it.  Brother, i never knew it would be like this.  Partial knee is great, TKR sucks
Ellenmarie

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #821 on: March 14, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »
I used tiger balm last night and it kinda worked.   Make the pinching stop!!!!!!

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
« Reply #822 on: March 14, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »
Where can you get tiger balm
Ellenmarie

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #823 on: March 14, 2007, 04:27:01 PM »
I have the tight/snapping/popping on the lateral side in the back. It hurts when I walk and snaps when I go upstairs. My OS said there are two muscles from the calf that attach in that area. So, what does that mean? I don't know. We're "watching it" to see if it improves. Don't you hate that..."watching it"? I want to know what is causing it and do something to make it stop, not "watch it." But that's not the medical way, is it?

I've also used Blue Stuff which you can buy at a sporting goods store or drugstore. It helps some with localized pain.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #824 on: March 14, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »
 OS talk for : Watch it     means stop bellying aching right now prob something temp.. .   Lets see how long you can tolerate it with out complaining again.. Keep excercising.. blah blah.. blah blah..  Than finally after three months..  they shoot you up with some cortizone.. maybe..  :) 

support