Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 223197 times)

knee deep in Goo

Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #615 on: December 05, 2006, 09:32:40 PM »
Perhaps I am confused.. Someone is having a birthday?????   Happy birthday..   --   I am in a zone..forgive me.. 

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #616 on: December 05, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Hi Annie

Yep its Hops birthday on 14th December!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #617 on: December 05, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
Hoppy

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!  To you !!!!!!
Enjoy your day and I wish you the best.

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #618 on: December 07, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »
Hi Anj

Fanx for my card, I opened it and allthe glitter and stars went everywhere! Tee Hee. I've never thought of doing that, really good idea. Was my first Christmas card too! So I need to look out of the post them do I you naughty little monkey! My next door neighbour is always in and always signs for thing so that's good. I exctied! Thanks babe.

Oshe is a boy (dad said it was a feminie name too, but it's actually the name of an thunder god!!!) and is coming Saturday and I'm about as excited as anyone possible could be, have so much to look forward to at the moment. By the time you meet him he will be a proper little boy cat! can't wait for us to meet, I just know we'll natter until the cows come home!

So Annie is all done now then, the waiting is over and hopefully as it's Thursday the pain is subsiding. I'm so glad she's out the other side now the waiting is the worst bit, oh and coming round form the anastetic and realising that it hursts like hell!

How's Bonnie today? How's your healing going hun?

Will log on tonight and try to catch up with you lovely lot.

Hop x

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #619 on: December 07, 2006, 03:53:28 PM »
Hi Hop,
You must be so very excited for Saturday, how can you work?  will you get him in the morning do you think? is Oshe your bday present?

I'm doing ok, knee is doing well, if only I could get rid of this hip and back pain.

Yes, Annie has finally made it to the other side.  I will call her house this evening and hopefully will find someone at home to get an update.

Take care
bonnie
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #620 on: December 07, 2006, 07:29:03 PM »
Hi Hop and Bonnie

Hope you are both having a good day.

Oshe is good for a boy or girl I reckon!

Had the funniest day today - here is a little story for you..................

we do a newspaper delivery round from the shop and the usual guy couldn't do it so my boss asked his brother to do it - so off he went in the pitch black, torrential rain and gale force wind.........he pulled into a wrong driveway and so had to turn round - he thought he was on this driveway still but not so - it was the lawn oops which was so wet he sunk the car in it - thried to get off but just kept spinning the tyres and ended up very stuck in the mud - so boss went out to try to push him out and soon realised he was too deep in it and needed help - so they came back and got me and a shovel and some boards to try to get the car out - me to be in the car while they pushed - from the back and of course first wheel spin they were covered from head to toe in mud - is was soooo funny (for me hee hee) to cover your own boss in mud - don't get that opportunity often! They then suggested mud wrestling me LOL :o

After about 2 hrs in the pouring rain we decided to see if we could find a couple of tow ropes as my boss decided he would try to use his car to pull it out...........duh that didn't work

So off we went again - decided to go for lunch and call a garage out to recover the car but came across a farm so I said to my boss to stop and off I went into the farm and came back with a lovely farmer with a TRACTOR and chain - he had the car off the mud in 5 minutes! - this mans lawn was wrecked - so had to go back this afternoon with a Hamper as a peace offering. Doesn't sound so funny when you write it down but honestly the site of my boss with all this mud over him , he brother's glasses were covered. - His brothers name is Rodney - what a plonker! (hop will understand that one)

so good day all in all!

TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #621 on: December 07, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »
plonker = nerd or geek?

that is a hoot.  would love to see my boss covered in mud, relying on lil ole me for help.  ;D
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »
yeah sort of - idiot

It comes from a television prog here , a comedy called "Only fools and horses" with an actor called David Jason and he called his brother Rodney a Plonker

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #623 on: December 07, 2006, 09:03:41 PM »
i like the sound of it ...p l o n k er   ;D
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #624 on: December 08, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »
Anj

I just wet my pants laughing! Great story, that would have made a great tv comedy sketch, I can just imagine oyu in the car giggling your arse off at them covered in mud and all wet! Hee Hee! Wish I'd sen it! Bed you were feeling smug when you managed to get the farmer to sort it out! Go girl!

Talking of Rodney and Del boy I had a little hunt around and found the vido clip of the famous Only fool and horses sketch! Love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbus84vR8g

Please Bonnie have a look, British homour is very different but I hope you like it!

We pick up Oshe tomorrow between 12-1pm! Have been to makro today and bought him so kitten milk amongst other christmassy bits!

Anj - I had a note fro the post office last night that they have a parcel that wouldn't fit throught my door! Excited! Am going to call them to get it re-directed to wok for Monday! Tee Hee, unexpected suprises and the best!  ;D

Poo Boss about!
xx

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #625 on: December 08, 2006, 03:36:27 PM »
Only a few days left of dirty knees then I'll be 34 hoorah! Thanks for the birthday wishes I forgot to say Fanx.  ;D

Only 1 hour 40 mins until home time then one sleep and yipeee! Gunna go on a road trip, Bonnie do you think my kitten will have conversations too!!! Tee Hee! I think he will mostly be weeing on me! Think I'll take a towel and plastic bag just in case! Gunna take a bottle of water and a water bowl too, he might get thirsty!  :) ;) :D ;D

1 hour 24mins now, got a ittle distracted, work really gets in the way sometimes! lol

I hope you all have alovely evening, wil come online tomorrow with photos of Oshe at home!

Bonnie - if you speak to Annie send her a big snuggle cuddle from the hopster!

Hop xx

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #626 on: December 08, 2006, 07:19:58 PM »
Hi Hop

OMG don't get too excited about your parcel! It is not that good- just something ........you might hate it!

Hee hee - your kitty is gonna be soooo cute - hope you have got a lid on the fishy wishy tank!

Thats a great bit of Only Fools - I love their stuff - sooo corny.

you have got a great boss - letting you play online hee hee - mine won't even let us get the internet on the compo at work - prob 'cos one of the girls would just be in dating chat rooms and another one would be on knee geeks hee hee ::) dunno who that would be!

Have a fab weekend - I have to work tomorrow - got about 400 christmas trees to flog - think Pooh might be coming to work tomorrow to help me - bless him! - My boss has arranged for Rodney the Plonker to come in...................disasterous me thinks.

My daghter is "driving home for Christmas" next wednesday ;D - she sent us a christmas card - got well and truly confettied by her grrrr - should have known she would be as big a minx as me!

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #627 on: December 11, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »
Hello gorgeous girls,

Just gotta clear something up, Anj, you could have sent me a cotton bud or a piece of used blue tack, the fact that you ahve taken the time to think about me and post something means the world so I am very excited, in all the excitement of little Oshe I forgot to get it re-directed so am diling the number now! Tee Hee.

Oshe is gorgeous! He cried all night Saturday night which was his first, Tigger who catagorically stated he couldn't come near the bed actaully put him in it! He's as sold on him as I am! Tigger even got up at 5.3am Sunday morning to take him downstairs so I could get some sleep!
 He's really cuddly and playful and if you make kiss sounds he nussles into your face! Ahhhh! We love him already! I went home at lunch time to check on him cos it's the first time that we have left him alone, he has the runs bless him! Think it's probably all the excitement!

How is everyone? Have we heard from Annie?

Only 3 sleeps until I am older and only 14 sleeps until Christmas, how are the tree sales going Anj? Bless pooh, what a sweetie helping you out at work.

Sending you festive hugs

Hop x

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #628 on: December 11, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
Hop, Congrats on being a new mom! Oshe is one lucky little boy.  has he climbed up your christmas tree yet?

Just touched base with Annie's mom, she left the hospital on saturday & went to the sub-acute rehab facility.  She was doing well in the hospital, but was not happy at the rehab facility, (no food, no walker) so she spoke to her doctor and they are moving her today to another one.  Annie's mom was trying to get out the door to collect Annie's things, so we didn't talk for long, but I told her to give her a hugs and kisses from all of us.

I will also post on the WG's.

Anja, bless your hubbie for helping you out at work, and shame on your boss for leaving you alone!
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #629 on: December 11, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
Hi Bonnie

I do hope Annie's new place is better and she likes it. She needs that in order to recover after all. Fingers and toes crossed.

How are you today? Getting excited for Christmas?

Anj - How did the Christmas tree selling go today?

Oshe is being really loud again tonight! He shouts at everything! Bless! I hope he has a quiet night!
Tigger has just told me that he is picking a fight with a bag of red onions at the moment! Tee Hee

Happy Days

Hop x