Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 197557 times)

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2006, 12:28:22 AM »
i cant believe that i called the OS office today at noontime, left a message describing pain in hamstring, and havent receive a phone call back.  Sorry, just wanted to vent.

Ellenmarie

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2006, 05:59:43 PM »
Hey Hoppy!!!!! good to see ya!!! ;D ;D ;D

Have sent you emails dunno whats happening there - sort yerself out girl - think those paint fumes are getting to ya - have sent you a nice long PM. ;D ;D

It was a very long weekend - all that shopping - was meant to be at work for 3 hrs today and finally left after 7! - cut the grass - front and back then ripped the kitchen apart - all tidy again! ;D - just having a sit down till my lovely hubbie gets home - about 7.30 and gonna have liver and bacon - yummy yummy. Totally knackered now - got backache ::) must be the lawnmower!

looking forward to you getting broadband set up!
look after yerself and tigger! ;D - Oh yeah forgot to say WELL DONE - one stone - thats is great - I have put on 4 lbs oops

Ellenmarie,
hey it could be that your os is busy - theatre or something - hopefully it won't be too long before he gets back to you - might be better to email him. - Have you asked your GP?
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline e.lynch

• Regular Poster
« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »
Hey Hoppy!!!!! good to see ya!!! ;D ;D ;D

Have sent you emails dunno whats happening there - sort yerself out girl - think those paint fumes are getting to ya - have sent you a nice long PM. ;D ;D
Hey Anja:  Thank you so much for "listening" and writing back.  You are the only one i have talked to about any of this.  I also do not know how to post with hiting the quote button first.  Any pointers?  Where do you get all the energy and i wish i had some.  I barely get laundry done when i get home, never mind yardwork.  I dont want to be a PITA to the OS.  I just cant believe its been 24 hours and no response.  It's really starting to get to me, pain and all.  You are so lucky to be able to do what you do after TKR, i am soo jealous.
Ellenmarie'
It was a very long weekend - all that shopping - was meant to be at work for 3 hrs today and finally left after 7! - cut the grass - front and back then ripped the kitchen apart - all tidy again! ;D - just having a sit down till my lovely hubbie gets home - about 7.30 and gonna have liver and bacon - yummy yummy. Totally knackered now - got backache ::) must be the lawnmower!

looking forward to you getting broadband set up!
look after yerself and tigger! ;D - Oh yeah forgot to say WELL DONE - one stone - thats is great - I have put on 4 lbs oops

Ellenmarie,
hey it could be that your os is busy - theatre or something - hopefully it won't be too long before he gets back to you - might be better to email him. - Have you asked your GP?

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2006, 02:25:19 AM »
hi anja,
just checking in to say hi!   probably finished your christmas shopping by now?

enjoy the weekend
bonnie
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »
Hi Bonnie
Hope you are doing okay!

Yep Christmas shopping nearly done! - did a bit online like my daughters wet suit! and my hubbies pressie - can't say what it is here in cas he reads it ;D
So - just my son to sort out really and a few stocking fillers.

Just been to my sons rugby match - they got slaughtered which was a shame as they won the first three games in the league - ah well better luck next time - they were 2 'men' short though through injury.

Now gonna do some housework - great for a cold sunday afternoon.

Saw on another thread that you tried tramadol and it was no good  - is it weaker than percoset then? - apart from the initial morphine in hospital the first couple of days that was the strongest we got - and although at times need something 'bigger' quite glad that I didn't especially with the bad withdrawals from it.

Hope the weather is lovely and warm there - could do with some heat here - winter clothes all out now!
anja
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #440 on: November 12, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »
I told everyone that I am not doing christmas pressies this year.  But I did order a special goodie from harry and david to be sent to my parents. Other than that.. I am debating on a nice bottle of wine for my boss .. for being so good to me this year.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2006, 06:21:44 PM »
who are Harry and David?

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
www.harryanddavid.com they make fruit baskets.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2006, 09:02:58 PM »
Hey Annie - now just to impress you - I was making up hampers like that at work yesterday! I also do hand tied flower bouquets!! - love doing all this stuff but very time consuming!!

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
HI Anja,
Great to hear from you.  Yes, tried tramadol yesterday, but probably wasn't the right time to be experimenting, since I stopped the oxycontin and think had a bit of a hard time.  So are you feeling better from the tramadol?  what are you taking for the pain?  Sorry about your son's rugby game, kinda dificult with 2 men out.
Yes the weather is lovely now, last week was very cloudy and rainy, but it is beautiful now.  I feel so lucky that I don't have to deal with the cold, can't be good for the knees. 
Sending you sunshine...You sure are multitalented making those food hampers, I'm jealous.

Annie, I especially love Harry & David's pears, my fav.  Yes, wine for your boss sounds like a great idea.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »
Hi Bonnie

so what is the problem with using tramadol? - I found it very good and was shocked when I came off it to see how much pain it takes away!! - I am only using paracetamol now but to be quite honest it is not enough - pain worse at night.
I was reading up about the percoset and saw that it carried  a warning about kidney problems - which I thought was appropriate for you and annie as you both have probs and are both on percoset. Bit worrying. Having said that - the tramadol for me was a nightmare to get off - but sometimes now wish I was still on it ::)

I want your weather!!!!

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »
Anja,
No problem with the tramadol, just not as strong as the percocet for now.  Maybe there is something in between the tramado & the paracetamol that is not addictive that you can take when necessesary???  It sucks to be in pain.

Interesting about the kidney problems & percocet. but don't think you need to worry, I have had this swelling of my left kidney and a small cyst that has been slowly growing for the past 2 years, but haven't taken percocet until after my surgery.  The recent development is my liver with 2 blood tests coming back with abnormal findings, but can't remember exactly what.  So my GP wanted me to have an ultrasound of my liver and thought it would make sense to follow up on the kidney at the same time.  The ultrasound is 11/21 and appt with urologist is the next day.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I wish that I could send you some of our weather!!! I grew up in New York, so lived with the cold and snow for years and then moved to south florida in 1984 - I could NEVER again live in a cold climate.  Once I got accustomed to the heat & humidity I could never go back.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »
Anja,

Been reading your posting about not sleeping, have you tried disolvable paracetamol, I found that they were better to take at night as they worked a lot quicker than the tablet sort, give them a try and see how they work. 

I know you said that you were in Kent, and work at a farm shop, are you far from me (in Romford), yes I know it's across the QE2 Bridge.  If you don't want to give the exact address here it's Ok to send me a PM. 

Otherwise hope all is OK with you.  Best wishes.  Sandra.
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »
Hi Sandra

Thanks for the paracetamol tip - will get some and try it! ;D

I am near Ashford in kent so quite a way from the tunnel / bridge - I went to lakeside once! ;D

Everthing is good here (excepting the night pain!) How are you doing?
anja

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
Hi Anja

Isn't Ashford the place where the Eurostar stops?  Went from there once to Paris with my husband, left our car parked there if I can remember.  Lakeside is one of my favourite places to go shopping.  You are nearer to Bluewater, I was there a few weeks ago with my son buying birthday gifts for his girlfriend, he walked my legs off nearly!  Even now after all this time (nearly 3 years for the TKR, and 18 months for PKR), when I do a lot of walking I tend to reach a point when I know I have walked enough and just have to have a sit down for a while to recharge the batteries so to speak. 

I'm not doing too bad thanks, managing to do most things.  Please do go the dissolvable Paracetamol a try you might just find they work better. 

Keep well.  Sandra.
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!