Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 214951 times)

knee deep in Goo

Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #750 on: February 12, 2007, 04:10:28 AM »
Bonnie

Oh boy.. my knee feels something coming... Its cold still ..   only saving grace is now I do not have to go to PT.   I can shovel ???????   and walk in snow mounds????    heel toe heel toe.. biff.. whats that .. oh a snow ball beemed at my head...  dazed and confused ..  I make a snow angel and cant get up from the ground ..  stuck like a beached whale... Hmmmm good times?

Please send up the warm air..  I beg of you...

Anja on the commercials for juice they always mix beats and green peppers and grapes ..     I was thinking some nice mango and pineapple .. with some blueberries.  and some coconut rum... maybe.

Janet -- I would have thought michigan colder.. than NJ. seems we are on the same temp. 

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #751 on: February 12, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »
Hey Annie - that cocnut rum sounds good - medicinalmaybe.

Crappy knee day today - think its the damp weather.
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #752 on: February 12, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »
along with cherry and blackberry brandy.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #753 on: February 12, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »
never seen blackberry brandy - sounds lovely!
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #754 on: February 12, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
Ya know the way we go on about booze .. ya think we were all lushes..  but .. did anyone buy the baileys with mint chocolate flavor yet?   

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #755 on: February 12, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »
nope - doesn't appealenough to risk buying a bottle just to try it!

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #756 on: February 12, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
I had godiva chocolate licquier once or twice... or thrice...

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2007, 02:50:20 AM »
Hot cocoa and amarillo (sp?) is great, too. Good for those cold Michigan days.

Detroit is in lower Michigan. More northern parts of the state are very cold and much more snowy! We are supposed to get 5 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. May be the excuse I was looking for not to have to start work tomorrow. Maybe I love snow after all!

On a serious note, at PT today he finally decided to massage my sore hamstring tendon. He found a "knot" that he thinks is scar tissue around the tendon, maybe around an inch around. Great. Just what I need. But once again it goes to show that after all I've been through, I know my knee pretty well. I knew something wasn't right and nobody's been listening to me. I don't think they'll do anything about it, but it does explain the pain I've been having there.

Wish me luck at work tomorrow. Or pray for snow. I'll let you know which side won out...

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
Hello

Sorry to hear your knee is acting up Anj, I agree about the cold. You still have your knee cap right? I'm really confused about the tkr thing, what will I need cos my knee is lovely it's my knee caps that's buggered? Can they replace that? Hmmmm, pontification!

Ouchy ouch Janet - Muscle knots kill but scar tissue, is that now supposed to stay there?

;D

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »
My OS cut off the OA bits on my knee cap and cemented this plug on the back.. So its like fake boobies.. the top part is real the innards are fake.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »
aha - sorry misleading you all - I don't have knee pain at all - it is shin pain - right at the top where I my OS put a 'dissolving' screw in - but it can take a long time for it to go! - I think it must be the cold damp weather - well I hope that is what it is!

Janet - I had lumpy scar tissue and my physio showed me how to massage it in a circular motion to break the lumps down - it had to be pressed on quite hard - I just put bio oil on it first to make the action more smooth.

Hop ya know what I think you can get a new knee cap - I have even heard of people who have the knee cap removed! :o

Annie - I had the same as you - back of knee cap sliced off and fixed back on.

Got a letter from my surgery today asying that the OS had written to them asking me to book an xray for the 5th anniversary of my knee and every 2 yrs after that - but that any probs in the meantime - to get  in touch with them.

hope you are all having a good day!
anj

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2007, 08:37:16 PM »
Well is it going to snow or isnt it..  The pain in my tibia says it is coming.. but what kind of  weather I will get depends on two fronts fighting out a turf war.   One gang is ice and the other gang is snow..

Anja,  I would take that letter as great news..   Your OS  doesnt really want you on his door step anymore..  :)   Well I think its good news. 

Did Bonnie have her surgery?  I havent heard a wonderful peep out of her recently.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2007, 08:59:07 PM »
hey annie - yeah he discharged me a few weeks ago - saying to call with any problems - suits me - hope not to have to contact him for a long time - if you know what I mean!

Nope haven't heard from Bonnie at all.

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #763 on: February 14, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
Hop: My damage was behind the kneecap. My other compartments looked good. It's a big surgery just to get at the kneecap, but it was the best choice for me. My OS cut off all the bad parts on the back of the kneecap and put a plastic "button" piece on the back to ride in the trochlear groove. During all the post-op pain, at least I can say that the back of my kneecap never hurt like it did before!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #764 on: February 14, 2007, 01:32:04 AM »
Annie, my sister told me that earlier tonight there were snow flurries  and 27 degrees, hope its not sleet.

I too have a "plastic button" in place of my knee cap like Janet.

I didn't have my procedure yet, the doctor cancelled my original date of 2/16 & I still need to reschedule...procrastinating.

Anja, be careful of too much carrot juice, you will turn orange if you drink to much.
Personally, I'll have vodka with my juice (cranberry or pineapple)

Hop, how's Oshe?
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR