Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 218321 times)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #720 on: January 29, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
Hi Girls

Sorry Hop - hope I didn't jinx you  - just know it is a pig to get some of these benefits - we rang up about them long before my op - and got told to get lost!

Oh Mate - Tigger in prtugal - that is bang out of order - he should take you with him! and me ;D never been there!

Clever kitty! can't wait to see this little performer!

Bitch from hell is a PITA again - but think she has reason today - she got dumped by two of her boyfriends this weekend - she only has one left!! hee hee
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #721 on: January 30, 2007, 01:15:06 AM »
Anja,
So the bitch from hell is also a slut???? hmmmmmm.

A 42 inch plasma, awesome...What brand plasma did you get?  I was actually researching the different brands and types this weekend when I had 2 lions (did I get it right????), plasma vs. LCD vs DLP - got so confused that I gave up. 

Hi Hop, what a bright little boy Oshe is.  Hope you get a nice surprise from Portugal.  How long will he be gone?

Annie, I guess you're watching lots of TV?
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #722 on: January 30, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
Hey Bonnie - you got it in one!! - she has cancelled her time off next week as she has no one to go away with LOL - always the man pays for her! Her ex boyfriend is so besotted with her that he is still paying the bills - how stupid is he?

Yeah we had trouble deciding , ours is made by samsung - apparently Sony buy the screens from samsung. Have to say - it brings a whole new dimension to the lounge - looks well posh!!

Hi Hop - you okay?
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #723 on: January 30, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »
Anja,
some men will do just about anything, and women like her take advantage...

Top on my list was a Samsung, we'll see.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #724 on: January 30, 2007, 10:09:27 PM »
We've been looking at plasma, too. It is very confusing, though. And expensive. And since our TV is still working and gets a good pictue, we've been putting it off. But we did join the 21st century and buy TiVo on Sunday! It's really cool. I'll never miss Grey's Anatomy again!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #725 on: January 30, 2007, 10:21:35 PM »
We don't have Tivo, but something similar (DVR) that is an option with the cable company..I just love it.  I tape Grays Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, What About Brian, Boston Legal & Ugly Betty & never worry about missing a show.

Welcome to the 21st century.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #726 on: January 30, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »
www.abc.com

This site streams just about all the tv shows you mentioned.    My Dad bought 11 seasons of frazier on DVD.   At night when I cant sleep I put on a dvd and click play all.    It is one of my top secret indulgences and I must admit my OS said what is keeping you up at night and I fessed up to him and he laughed at me.  Last year it was the history channel and the olympics.

Just going through some of my bills.  I cant believe that Son of a bitc  nursing home billed me twice for TV and phone.  I have a receipt too that I paid cash and someone signed it and made me a copy.   That place makes me so angry..  I could just scream.   I am talking rage.   I just do not wish to deal with them anymore so I might as well write a check.  I feel so violated again.

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »
Annie, please don't pay them twice, make them work.  Call them and say you need a detailed bill because you believe there were duplicates billed to the insurance company as well as to you personally - be they catch it.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »
Hi All

Annie - DO NOT pay them twice - that is what these companies hope for - I have no doubt they already charged over the odds rates for phone already!

We have a DVR - LOVE IT - has hard drive and dvd drive .

Hope everyone is having a good day (apart from hosp bills!)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 07:31:11 PM by anja »

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #729 on: January 31, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »
Annie:

Absolutely do not pay them twice! I think it is a big scam with some of these places. They think if they just bill you, you'll pay it (and most people will). I always check everything and you'd be surprised how many times I find a mistake. They are usually easily taken care of with a phone call. But last year I finally had to submit copies of everything to an appeal board. I thought I was going to scream at how dense these people were! But I was right, and got a refund of over $800. So even with small things, if you know you're right, go for it! Just keep the screaming for the shower and the rage for your pillow!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #730 on: February 05, 2007, 12:12:19 AM »
Anja,
How's your knee holding up through all of this?

Take care of you and your family.
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #731 on: February 05, 2007, 04:05:26 AM »
Hi Anja
So sorry to hear about your son's loss of a good friend.  Such a hard thing to be going through at any stage in life but a bit sadder when it is a child.  It seems so unfair. 
I will keep this young soul in my prayers.

Deepest Sympathy
Anne

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #732 on: February 05, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »
Hi Anj

Checking the boards to see if you are about, have emailed you darling.

Am thinking of you and your son and everyone who's lives are effected by this horrible, unfair, tragic event.

Love and hugs
Tori x

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #733 on: February 05, 2007, 06:43:05 PM »
Hi Thanks everyone for your good wishes - really appreciate them.

Got the day off so my son and I are going shopping - he wants new tracksuit bottoms.

The most amazing thing to come out of all this is that he has cancellled his online internet game subscription (a game which he would play for 12 hrs a day given the chance) and he is suddenly so much more chatty and sociable which is sooooo nice - not such a grumpy teenager. Hope it lasts!

Hope you are all doing okay.

Thanks for your email Hop will reply tomorrow.

anja

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #734 on: February 07, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »
Hi ALL

well my son being off his computer game will last longer as the fan has gone on the computer and it turns itself off after 15 minutes ;D nah not funny really he is on half term break for 10 days from friday and will get very bored. Live in the middle of nowhere wothout a bus service for him to visit mates and I am at work.

No then - how about this - went to dentist this evening and after OS said it would be okay for hygienist to do scale and polish - got there and he refused to touch me without antibiotics - said he wouldn't do it as his insurance wouldn't cover him - shame he didn't ring as I could have got some from my GP as I spoke to him on the phone this morning grrrrrr - can't get another appt until 6th june he is that busy (only works 2 days a week at our surgery) That is to get an evening appt.  Have to admit I feel better having them - don't want to risk problems.

support