Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 214973 times)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »
Anja:

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Cheers! I just knew you'd get a really good report. And now you know what has been hurting in your shin, hopefully the pain will start to go away soon. But at least you know it's nothing to worry about. Remember to be kind to your knee....you really don't want to go through this again in 10 years, do you?

Janet

P.S. Let me add that my 8 week anniversary is tomorrow, two months on the 20th. My PT reminded me how well I am doing. It was good to hear from him and to hear how great you are doing, Anja, because I feel like it has already been "forever" with no end in sight!
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
That makes Anja the ring leader in the TKR's. 

May we all have the same implant for 40 years.
Annie just past one month
Janet at 2 months
Bonnie at three months
Anja at six months.

Anja - Do you always have to dress in the lovely gowns with each OS office visit?
My OS only had me in the "pretty gowns" at the hospital with a new pair of socks each day.  I must say a new design each day and the socks had been tan or blue. 

My scar is itchy today in one spot.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Hi Janet

Happy 8 weeks!! - and hey you are doing really well - crikey it is really early days still - I was discharged from physio at 8 weeks - but obviously still have lots of work to do - right now you will feel that there is a long way to go then next week you will suddenly realise how good you really are doing. Think back to coming round from surgery , then going home, then driving erm get my drift? Brilliat progress.

Hi Annie

on my 6 week checkup there was no undressing and I was suprised when he told me to put the sexy gown on -reckon he just wanted to look at my lovely legs(yuck not) I was wearing my new socks - bright green and white stripes with teddy bear heads on the sides! - my socks were very important in hospital - quite a talking point!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »
Anja,
Great news! a dissolvable screw?  who knew?  Enjoy, just listen to your OS and try not to lift too much at work, direct Ms. Bitch to do it  ;D

Congrats Annie on one month, Janet on two.

Hop, so sorry for the blues, you are doing a lot in your new house and the weather sucks.  I'm still afraid to get down on the floor because of the way I would have to get up, much like you did.  Really wish I could send you sunshine or at least if i knew how to attach a pretty photo to cheer you up - but, I don't know how, so consider sunshine and a big hug coming your way.

Yeah for all of us - really gotta go now.....on to the airport.
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #679 on: January 13, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »

Need to winge, sorry.......
I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I have a disability and I'm not coping that well. I thought by now I would be back to 'normal'. Tigger and I were painting the bedroom last night (have finished and it looks great) I was sat on the floor behind the bed cutting in and needed to get up. I got stuck! I didn't have enough room to get in in the strange manner that I have become accustomed to! So I sat and cried! Tigger had to grab me under my arms and lift me up and I'm not a small girl

Hey Hop !!

okay gotta tell you this - Pooh was reading this and he said to me that you were being negetive! and I said 'No, you are having a bad day!' and so he told me that you are just like me ;D not disabled just LESS able! and you know what - I reckon he is right - he said that he is always helping me up but ce ;Drtainly doesn't consider me disabled - even though that blue badge is handy LOL.

Hope you are feeling a bit more on top of it now - I reckon you must also be weary of all that new house stuff - think you need a break - come and stay with me! ;D and you can come and help me beat up the bitch from hell - my boss did say if I wanted to thump her that he would have to watch but wouldn't sack me hee hee ;D

and I would just like to say that this is the first time I have managed to post a quote ;D ;D and it's your hun!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 09:31:19 PM by anja »
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #680 on: January 16, 2007, 03:54:28 PM »
Hop,
Hoping to find you posting here.  Anja & Pooh are right - there's a huge difference between disabled and not able.  You have been working so hard on your home, you are probably ready for a rest!  Hugs!

Anja,
make sure you stop lifting the heavy stuff!
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #681 on: January 17, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »
Hop, where are you?

Thinking of you  :)
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #682 on: January 17, 2007, 06:30:15 PM »
Anja - How is your son doing?    Did you OS put a limit on what is too heavy of a weight for you to carry at work ?

Bonnie send up the warm air please. Its colder than cold here.   

Hoppie..    Are you in stealth Ninja posting mode. ?  (dont ask me what that means.  other than it sounded ok when I typed it ) drugs

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #683 on: January 17, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »
Annie, I'm sending you warmth and sunshine, just hope it gets there.  How are you feeling?  How is therapy going?

Anja, have you heard from Hop?
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #684 on: January 17, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »
Hi Annie and Bonnie

nope not heard anything from Hop :'( - I know she is busy at work and home though, sure she'll be back soon ;D

my OS didn't put a weight limit other than to say not to carry heavy stuff - so I draw the line at things like sacks of spuds which are 25kg - too damn heavy!

Very wet and windy here - 70mph winds coming tomorrow - spoke to my daughter today and she has moved her car off the seafront - otherwise it might end up full of shingle - she said the beach was already coming onto the road! - Hope it doesn't flood as she is in the basement!

Have a good day
anja

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #685 on: January 19, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
Hello my lovlies

Congratulations on all of these goal posts and a Hi to Janet as I don't think I've spoken to you before.  ;D Anj has been discharged, Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopie  :) ;) :D ;D I'm made up for you darlin' you clever little sausage you. The girls are right you have to do as you are told now and no heavy lifting etc. I mean it my third eye is watching you! Tee Hee!

Thank you so much for your support in my whingey whiney feeling sorry for myself stage! I have been licking my wounds the last week and very busy at work, plus Oshe (my kitten) is poorly and we're waiting for his poo lab reports to come back on Monday, he's fine in himself but has had the squits forever! His potty training is going well though, he jumps up onto the toilet in the litter kwitter every time now so as soon as I get the all clear hopefully for the vet we'll move onto the disk with the hole in the middle! Then he'll be like Mr Jinks from meet the fockers!

Well I went to the doctors and had a good old chat with my lovely Dr Morris, he examined my foot and has put it down to sciatica or repetitive strain and also neuralgia! So I've been referred back to physio to correct the way in which I walk and have been told to go up stairs with feet and hands on floor and down on my bottom! He also gave me a double prescription for tramadol so it's cheaper and has written down some notes about what to report on my dla claim (disability living allowance, a government payment for being disabled that is given dependent on level of disability etc, not means tested either!) So it's a waiting game with the physio department now! Looking up though, hoorah!

Just tucked into my Friday ritual of a hot panini, yummy yummy in my tummy! Oh yea, doctor weighed me have now officially lost 22 pounds (10kg) since 3rd October!  My arse is no longer ecpilsing Southampton, merely casting a little shadow!

Soo glad it's the weekend, am gunna have a really big roar tomorrow morning. (Lie in (sleep in) Lion - Roar) Then get decorating! I'll have a proper rest when I have gotten rid of all of the rancid blue that the previous owners (who painted with their feet I hasten to add) chose.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, sending big hugs

Hop x ;D

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #686 on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
Jeepers, Wozers, Blimey that was a long one eh!

;D

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #687 on: January 19, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
Hoppie,
So glad to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much more blue paint must you get rid of?  When will you get Oshes test results?  How cool that you have potty trained your kitty, was it difficult?   Do you think I can teach and old cat?

How often will you go to physio? It doesn't seem to be as common to go to physio as it is here in the US.

Yummy, a hot pannini and a big roar! Life's small pleasures...enjoy and take care.

Anja,
what's the update on the weather and your daughter?
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #688 on: January 19, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
Hi Bonnie

Really good to hear for you hun.
The whole house and I mean everywhere apart from teh newly done conservatory was painted either blue or yellow. EVERYWHERE! Not nice shades of the colours either! I'm sure they were stuck in the 1980's! We've done the lounge, downstairs loo, kitchen (need replacing but at least it's not bright yellow anymore!) and our bedroom. We've made a start on the spare bedroom and are decorating my step daughters room (she's nine so pink!) on Sunday! So all that will be left is the hallway and stairs. Phew!

I'm not sure on the frequency of physio yet, I'll probably have to wait for a couple of weeks for the referral to be procesed, probalby once a week initially then see howit goes.

Oshe's results come back from the lab on Monday so I'm looking forward to a Monday! I ahve a new sales guy starting Mopnday too so should be an interesting / busy week.

What have you been upto? How's that shiny new knee of yours? You're in sunshine aren't you you lucky swine! Tee Hee

It's almost time to go home here now and I'm really looking forward to a few glasses of wine! We have our closest friends coming for dinner so that will be good. Poppet face (that's what I call my best friend) is 6 months pregnant so we're really excited! I've gotten carried away buying stuff, it's great fun! She can keep the sleepless nights and I get the good bits!  ;D

Happy Weekend to everyone, Anj get bitch face to work your Saturday!

Big hugs and fluffy stuff!

Hop xx

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #689 on: January 19, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »
hey Hoppy funny bunny! ;D - yes you! the skinny one! - my Dad said it was getting brighter down there ;D

Oh yes - it's my daddys 74th birthday today!

Good to see you back you miserable old bag - see you need us here to keep you on the straight and narrow - and it is somewhere you can whinge and whine and get away with it.  Good Luck with your DLA - if you get it - you MUST save it for your new kitchen!

And if you don't beahve and keep posting I will arrange to have your house painted - ON THE OUTSIDE IN BLUE !!!!

Oshe is a clever boy! Hope they sort his squitty bott out!

Bitchface is out on the prowl this weekend - honestly she is like a bitch on heat! oops sorry not appropriate really for this board and an insult to dogs!

Hope you get a big roar!   Eyore won't (he doesn't like Pooh!) as he is coming to work with me to try to fix my bread oven ;D Gonna send you a reply to your email when I get back from the Indian tomorrow ;D

Have a great weekend everyone !

Anja