Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 197570 times)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #450 on: November 13, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »
yep - that's the one! - we in a small village about 12 miles from there - I lived in Ashford in my teens - DUMP!!

We went to I think it was John Lewis at either Lakeside or Bluewater and had a LOVELY breakfast!

I can walk for miles as long as I have the odd break - it is sitting down or just standing that gets me!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2006, 01:05:05 PM »
Hey Anja

It's raining and I knackered the carpet!!!! :o
Apart from that life's great! Tee Hee! Tigger and I were in stitches last night trying to fit a carpet to the downstairs loo. Hmm, clearly we are not carpet fitters or ever will be for that matter! We cut the loo hole a lottle too big, oops! Was worth the 20 quid for the ruined carpet for the giggles! I wasn't that much help cos I can't bend down so I have to sit on the floor and do stuff which meant I couldn't actually get into the room properly so I'm blaming Tigger!
Anj can you believe it will be 6 months tomorrow since my TTT and LR, unbelievable, where has the time gone! The only things I have difficulty with now are stairs, hills and the dreaded bending down, think I need to be hypnotised to get the fear out of my head! Ah well, at least I can walk without pain!

I read that you are having night pain :'(  :-* (kiss better) , I can't take paracetomol, well I can but they're like bloomin smarties so I don't bother, co-codomol in the 'plink plink' disovable form are fab! The codeine mixed with the para really takes the edge off. You can buy them over the counter or get a stronger version with a higher doseage of codeine from your doc. Any idea why you hurt at night? Do you think it's from all the running about it the day? Do you think I can ask 24 consecutive questions without taking a breath? (Goes blue!!!!!)

Hop x

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #452 on: November 14, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
Hey Hoppy ;D Good to hear from ya!

Carpet fitters hmmm maybe not! Hey guess what we have all done that - little tip get lino - blokes tend to prinkle when they tinkle!! much easier to clean and fit!!

Think you still owe me some pics!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

can you crouch down with you dodgy leg further forward? - go on try it - I can! ;D and I can get up again! - my knee 'clicks' when I get back up but doesn't hurt.

Def ;Dinately having night pain - seems to be getting worse - prob do too much - my lovely hubbie says I am not to do anything today ;D ha! so went shopping and got 3 tops - 2 from Monsoon and a Crew sweatshirt and a pair of jeans - so resting now. LOL - oh and then I got some pressies and ran out of money - got 20 for the rest of the week!

Watch out for Clintons - got one of their boxed cards for 'him' and it cost me a tenner - the lady said to me - 'I have to warn you these cards are expensive' and I thought hmm you think I don't have money! so just said - thats fine he's worth it ;D ha!
(bloody lot of money though!)

6 months is amazing - me 4 months - you remember we were meant to be off at the same time!! you let me down!lol

I got some Paramol from the chemist - bit loathe to take the co-codamol that I have as they gave it to me in the hospital and I was so dizzy and felt sick on it - which was strange as have had it for years. - so will dose up on it tonight and see what happens!

Funny thing yesterday - my uni girl rang me to tell med she had made a right tit of herself - she saw a car just like mine- same reg letter - driver looked like me and she started waving like mad at the car - she thought I was making a suprise visit!! all the way to Wales ::) well she is a bit blonde at times! - then when I was online at 3 am today she popped up on msn! - so told her to go to bed!- she had been out on a date!

Anyhow better give you time to breathe now!
hope you are having a good day
big hugs
me!

TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #453 on: November 14, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »
Hey shopping girl!

Talk about until you drop! I've ordered a couple of things on line today, my mu's on those new diet pills angoing to the gym 4 times a week, (she's lost 24 pounds in 6 8 weeks!) so I've ordered her some new smaller knickers! Tee Hee, bought my mum pants for Christmas, tee hee  :) ;) :D ;D Got her some oil of olay night cream too, getting her stocking fillers and gunna put them in a santa sack! I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve Christmas. It's my favourite time of year! It's adouble wammy for me cos it's my birthday a month today too...34 can't wait to be an even umber again!

A tenner for a card, bleedin henri, did it come with some shares in the company too!!!!  ;D
Right gunna try and crounch down and will let you know how I get on...hold on.....

Right Im six feet tall so have very long legs!!! I can get about half way down holding on then I absolutely kack myself with fear! I know I'm a wimp! Gunna practice, I really want to be able to do it. That is my main fitness thingy goal!

It's weird that co-codomol spaces you out after having taken tramadol! You weirdo! :o :) ;) :D ;D Tee Hee!
I swear by them, I still take the tramadol 150mg slow release if I'm having a bad day, but not often!

Oh got to go for a bit, work bleugh!

Back soon

Hop xx

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #454 on: November 14, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
hey you lanky freak! you can get down there it's not that far! hee hee I am only 5'9 hee hee- hmm thats only 3 inches different come on you can do scaredy cat!

24 lbs in 68 weeks :o I'd have given up!!!! lol

hope you mum got those pills from the quack and not some internet site!! want her supervised properly! - knickers? why not a thong ;D

I didn't go to the gym again today - I nearly did but went and got my son a CD for his stocking instead - he was only in school for an hour today.

Hey I always used to have codeine - it might be that it went funny with something else the hospital were giving me? dunno not gonna risk it when I have to drive though - will wait till I get a few days of! one day.......

I love christmas as well - I bought hmm shall we call him pooh! - a snow storm today - he likes the disney ones! yet he won't go to disney ::)

14th December then!!!!! old girl - OMG Iam 10 yrs older than you!! :(

Hey my tramadol is the 50mg stuff - not slow release - maybe I should get the doc to swop it - he says I can have up to 400mg a day + paracetamol + diclofanac - but I don't use any of it now unless horror night like last night.

So what is santa gonna bring you?

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #455 on: November 14, 2006, 04:00:51 PM »
oh and I bought 2 new baubles for the tree - we get a couple each year - not the cheap woolies effort but pretty glass ones - got one red and one gold today with pretty patterns ;D such a girl! Yhink might be in trouble with Pooh later! LOL

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #456 on: November 14, 2006, 04:45:32 PM »
Mum's lost 24 pounds in 8 weeks! Oops I was going to write 6 weeks but remembered it's now 8 so whe's doing really well! The pills are from the doctor yes, she has to be careful cos of her diabetes, I'm so proud of her. Hence new clothes in smaller sizes!

I'll give you lanky freak!!!  ;D Tee Hee! You're pretty tall yourself then! I think that's where some of my knee problems come from, ballet, gymnastics and having legs all the way up to my bum! Simmilar to you, wasn't yours gymnastics too?

The reason I went onto the slow release ones was because my stomach was objecting to rattling! Years ago I took diclofenic then my stomach played up so I had the ones you poke in the other end, not at all plesent but very effective, then they caused stomach problems too so onto 8 co-codomol a day with a full dose of brufen, that caused stomach problems too so have been on the slow release trams ever since.

I would like santa to bring me a new lounge carpet because the last owners had the worst taste in Britain and it's still a rather putrid shade of blue! Eugh!

(Copied this last but into a mail just incase it got lost, lost the other half as this darn page keeps logging out, grrrrrr!)

Snow storm sounds lovely, I went to disney Paris a fair few years ago and really struggled seeing a French Mickey Mouse, it just want't the same, I understood quite a lot but the people I went with were baffled and really disappointed. Would love to go to Florida just to swim with a manatese my favourite animal and going to disney would be cool too!

Lost loads of the post as I was on a real ramble! But time to go home soon and have to do some work so need to sign off for now.

Scratch ya later

Hop xx

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #457 on: November 14, 2006, 04:53:22 PM »
Hi Anja,

John Lewis is at Bluewater, yes it is a lovely shop, unfortunately when I was there with my son a week or so ago, he didn't let me have a walk around the store! :'(  So might be off there by myself and have a look round. 

You know you said about the sleeping, do your legs get quite hot under the duvet?  Mine do and I have to hang them out of the bed to let them chill down, may be that's what's keeping you awake at night, not so much the pain, but the fact that your knee is too warm. 

Must be honest don't rally know Ashford that well, so can't say whether it's a dump or not!!!!

Sounds as if you have nearly got Christmas sorted, I haven't really even started yet! 

Hope to hear from you soon.  Best Wishes, Sandra.
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #458 on: November 14, 2006, 05:13:46 PM »
Sandra, Anja,
Remember to keep me in mind if ever you do Disney in florida!!

I am so enjoying your posts back and forth, sounds lovely...can you translate "lanky freak"??????

bonnie
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #459 on: November 14, 2006, 05:59:12 PM »
Hi Hoppy

hey that is so good for your mum then! bet she is well chuffed - I managed to put 4 lbs back on since going back to work - I REALLY am trying to be good now!

Poor Santa! How can you expect him to lug a carpet round to your gaff! and those poor reindeer - and you claim to be an animal lover!! Think you should ask for something for yerself! and get the carpet in the sales! hee hee best of both worlds - mind you - you have done sooo much already - it took us 6 yrs to get a new carpet (cream). Hey do you need a new fishtank (well second hand!) got a nce Vision 260 bow front! if ya fancy it - Delivery free! ;D

Yep it was gymnastics - think you're meant to be short and skinny to do that which is prob why we had accidents! ::)

I would like to go to Disney florida! and I am gonna visit Bonnie at the same time - fancy it? perhaps we could talk Tigger and Pooh into it in a couple of years - when the house is done and kids moved out!! hee hee

Hey Sandra - next time you go to Bluewater you can get your son into John Lewis by offering brekkie!! - Have to say though apart from those huge department stores all the rest of it is the same as all the other shopping centres - we usually go to Maidstone or Tunbridge Wells. They Have Fenwicks and House of Fraser - my favourite shops!

Hey Bonnie - hmm Lanky freak - well Lanky is for a very tall slim person and freak - well think that is self explanitory! LOL Hop and I were post op buddies only she messed it up by getting her surgery 8 weeks before me LOL - she is such a scream!
Glad we are keeping you entertained ;D

Oh Sandra - nearly forgot - no Not too warm in bed - just right - my leg just aches from knee to ankle when I am not walking about on it - I have them up on a footstool now - level with my chair and still aches like that but at night the pain gets worse or seems worse as no tv or computer etc to distract me and of course it hurts too much to sleep - very frustrating - Have got Paramol to try tonight - what the pharmacist reccommended.

Sounds like you are gonna have to get out there and get your christmas shopping started - just my son left to do - and he doesn't know what he wants - he is trying to get money out of me - no chance!
hope you all have a good day/evening
anja

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #460 on: November 14, 2006, 06:30:40 PM »
Ok then, it's a date...in a couple of years, when the house is done and the kids move out - we will all meet in Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess I will never be called a lanky freak, i'm 5"3 and need to loose weight - a chubby freak???? ;D

Sandra, I have to agree with Anja - get something for yourself for Christmas.

Have you two actually met or just cyber buds??

Take care,
Bonnie
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #461 on: November 14, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »
just cyber buds so far - but we will meet up - Hop lives near my parents so quite easy! - We have exchanged loads of emails ,and the odd card and piccies of family - will be great to meet - always a bit nervous of it but I am pretty sure we will get on! - ya hear that Hop?! ;D - and the men can talk about fish!

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #462 on: November 14, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »
Sounds like a plan!  Hear that Hop???
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #463 on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »
You got to love the language barriers.    Hampers are gift baskets..  and dustbins are garbage pails.. ..     Well  at least we can all pinpoint the word freaks.

Comparing Anja scar to Bonnies scar..  21 more sleeps tomorrow...  for me..    today walking out of the house an elderly spanish woman asked me how I hurt myself..  She told me god would heal me and I fought back tears.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #464 on: November 14, 2006, 09:19:34 PM »
Bless her - lets face it some of these surgeons think they are God!!  I reckon mine came from somewhere high - I certainly put him on a pedestal!