Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 212486 times)

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 02:58:31 PM »
oh oh

bad news - had phone call from OS - have to go and see someone 3.30pm tomorrow (with overnight bag - just in case) he is NOT happy about knee jerks being so violent - jerks are normal but not to the extent of violence that they are doing and pain that comes with it - also told him about knee cap pain especially following toilet thing so he wants it xrayed. Unfortunately he won't be there as he is off on hols tonight so he said he would leave me in the care of his 'next best man'!
Like he said - better to check now then carry on until 6 week check - back on 2 sticks till checkup done as well!
Bugger! district nurse was coming tomorrow to see if staples ready to come out!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »
Hi Anj,

Have been following your post since before you had your TKR and am pleased to read that you are slowly improving.  I had mine done in the winter and the TV during the day was just as dire, so it's nothing to do with the time of year!

I had to wear the Ted socks for about two weeks after my op, you don't say how long you are supposed to wear yours.  It is possible they might be causing the tingling sensation in your toes but I agree that you should really mention it to GP or physio when you go.

Will keep reading your postings.  Keep well.  Best wishes.   Sandra
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!

Offline Ellie2006

• Regular Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 03:18:37 PM »
Oh no!  

Is there nothing ever straighforward for you girl!  Just try to think positively, at least this is being checked out now instead of in 6 weeks time.  I have my fingers and toes crossed (ouch) that everything'll be OK.  

Just you try to stay calm and use those 2 sticks!  

Big hug!  
Problems with my right knee since 1981. 9 ops including lateral menisectomy, various scopes, microfractures and OATs for OCD and TKR in Feb 2006 and now having trouble with CRPS - I'm way too impatient, want my new knee to work now!  I have a fabulous left knee though!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 03:20:12 PM »
two weeks for teds - they told me six! - have cut the toes just to make sure it was not that that was too tight - but the socks are actually too big - they didn't have my size - too common - just like clothes shopping - all regular sizes out of stock.lol
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 03:23:16 PM »
Anja,

OMG,  Hope you don't need the overnight bag tomorrow.  Glad he's checking things out now not in a few weeks.  Wishing you the very best!

LOTS of HUGs

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 03:24:05 PM »
Hi ellie thanks for hug

I am sure it will be fine - it has been so good up to now aprart from jerks and tiolets.LOL - have to keep my PMA - I will be okay - hubbie is finishing work early tomorrow to take me - he was of course the first person I told - and he is on his way home now - yippeee

just keep saying - better safe than sorry - just wish my toes had a bit more normal sensation.- expect knee pain that has got to be pretty normal - it was a knee op afterall! lol

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
Thanks Rozzzie - if I pack it I wont need it ;D PMA - lets face it - I got kicked out early 'cos they had no beds - I would not want to have someone kicked out for me - might go and see how many reptiles left on ward that were there when I was in!!

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »
P :)M :DA ;D
It's great that you're being seen.  We'll hope that you're back writing to us quickly!!!!
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 03:41:53 PM »
I was actually amazed at being seen sooo quickly - the nhs are not known for their speed!

gonna go off line for a bit - hoping hubbie should be here soon -catch ya all later

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2006, 08:38:14 AM »
Morning

not wanting to waste the district nurses time - the hospital booked them to remove my staples today - I rang to check what time the would be here as I have the OS this afternoon - NO record of appointment ::) well I am not suprised!  So they have booked it for friday before physio. - which hopefully will mean better movement.

crap night sleep - too hot, the sheep in the field must have been too hot - they wouldn't shut up - but hey - no big jerk ;D whole leg aches though - feel like I walked miles yesterday - but actually had very lazy day - think need to drink more water in this heat.

very naughty - took my TED socks off last night - ooh it felt good - they are very hot!

have a good day - not doing much today (well not till later)

Offline Ellie2006

• Regular Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »
Hi Anj

Just a quick note to wish you all the best this pm. 

I too had a crap night's sleep, with knee hurting and these meds for my asthma, I got a whole hour!  Not in a very good mood today. 

You're very naughty not wearing your TEDs last night!  I had to wear mine for 6 weeks but then again it was winter and they did keep my feet warm so it wasn't so difficult. 

You must be imagining all these appointments, what with OT now the district nurse!  Perhaps these people haven't heard of writing things down in a diary.  You'd better check your physio appointment's still on for tomorrow! 

Hop - hope you're starting to feel better. 

Problems with my right knee since 1981. 9 ops including lateral menisectomy, various scopes, microfractures and OATs for OCD and TKR in Feb 2006 and now having trouble with CRPS - I'm way too impatient, want my new knee to work now!  I have a fabulous left knee though!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
thats funny Ellie - just sent you a welfare check email - sorry you had crap night as well - must have a lot to do with weather. Hope you are not too knackered at work - half the day done!

sorry but the Teds are soooo hot - got them on now with fan on my legs - gonna have a nap in a minute - just come over very sleepy.

I know I had the dates right as I actually put them in my diary when they told me - I knew that I would have trouble remembering in hosp - I wrote everything down there - even when they gave me my meds!

Hope your afternoon goes well - I am sure OS will be fine - got a hot knee today - strange 'cos I have done bugger all!
take care
anj

Offline Ellie2006

• Regular Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2006, 01:37:55 PM »
I seriously need some more zzzz's.  Only managed about 9 hours over the last 3 nights.  It would've have been nice to share my insomnia with the local sheep but, unlike yours, they were obviously sleeping soundly as they didn't make a sound.  Decided I'm not going to take any more steroids.  My asthma is back under control and I don't particularly like the side-effects. 

By the way, my hubby reckons you should report your GP's office to H&S inspectors, make sure that they get it fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone else. 

Once again, all the best this afternoon - we'll all be thinking about you. 

Take care. 

Ellie

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »
Hey you lot!

Good luck this afternoon Anja, I'm gumma keep my eyes open for you later cos I know you're coming home!  ;) ;)

Ellie - have a glass of wine or two tonight, always helps me to sleep!

I know they are noisy but I want sheep and fury hanimals!  ;)

So busy must go, hugs at ya  ;D

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2006, 03:14:14 PM »
Indeed, we expect you to be home and writing to us this evening!!! ;)
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

support