Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 198950 times)

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • finally walking correctly...no limp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Photos of My New Knee
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:31 PM »
Anja,
will be waiting for your post  ;D
1969 - LK partial meniscus removal
1987 - LK arthroscopy, 4 mos non-weight bearing, 6 wks full leg cast
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
1994 - LK allograft, open incision
1996 & 2001 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2006, 06:36:31 PM »
OMG I am sooo knackered - 10 hrs at work has done me in LOL - feel sick so tired - just got in so gonna have a cup tof tea (so English!!) and hopefully a quick kip before hubbie gets home wanting his dinner.

Have a good evening!
Only have to work 3 hrs tomorrow!!!
anja
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2006, 12:08:56 AM »
Anja, sorry I missed you.  What's a kip? a nap?

Bet you had a good night's sleep.

Great that you only work 3 hrs tomorrow, is it a special day?

Take care,
Bonnie
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #393 on: October 03, 2006, 07:43:01 AM »
Hi Bonnie

yeah a kip is a nap - I never got it - the phone kept ringing - then hubbie got home. ah well

only 3 hrs today as there are enough staff but I have to go in to sort them out first - honestly you would think that 4 women in their 40's could organise them selves - unfortunately they sprnd too much time bitching!! grrr

have a good day
anja
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #394 on: October 03, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »
Hi Anja

Have just returned from holiday and looked in to see how you are doing - well get you - back at work already!  Seriously though hope you are keeping well and are looking after that all important knee.  Had a bit of a problem with my TKR whilst away on holiday but managed to do quite a bit of walking though.  My husband has a thing about medieval city centres, so as you can imagine, Spain and Portugal have quite a lot!  But managed to keep up with him most of the time, the only thing I don't do are towers.  My husband loves going to the top of towers to look at the view so spent quite a lot of time waiting for him at the base of different towers! 

Hope your daughter has settled in at university, it's a big step when they go off to uni

Will check in again soon to see how you are doing. 

Best wishes.  Sandra
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #395 on: October 04, 2006, 12:52:17 AM »
Anja,
Hope you were able to have a kip today!  Hope you're doing well.
Take Care,
Bonnie
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #396 on: October 04, 2006, 12:41:21 PM »
Bonnie,  I was just thinking how ..excited  you must be.   Just around 10 sleeps.    With a little sweat and hard work.. you will have your knees.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #397 on: October 04, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »
Hi Sandra

Hope you had a good holiday despite the knee!! - Is it okay now?

Work is pretty hard - 10 hours on a concrete floor - Nice to put my legs up when I get in!!

Yeah my daughter has settled in well - she is a bit upset as some of her friends are able to go home over the next few weekends - and she can't - by the time she gets here it is time to go back again - so not really worth it. - mind you I think they only have about 10  weeks befor they come home for christmas!

Offline ladypenelope

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #398 on: October 05, 2006, 06:45:06 PM »
Hi Anja

Thanks for your reply.  The TKR knee seems to have settled down quite a bit since coming back from holiday.  As usual I have slotted back into the housewife role - shopping/washing/ironing/cooking etc. etc., the knee seems to be holding out quite well.  Will probably try and go to the gym on Monday so we will just have to see how it copes. 

The only problem with uni is that the terms are only 10 weeks long and I remember when my son was away at uni in Bradford (we live in Essex) that it used to take us about four and half hours journey there and the same coming back and we used to have to do it every 10 weeks.  He did have his own car but elected to leave it at home!  My husband and I used to do the journey in one day, must have been mad, but then of course we were a bit younger then - son is now 34 years old!  My son also didn't come home for weekends as it was too far, but he settled down eventually, a bit homesick to begin with but eventually didn't really want to come home at the end of each term! 

Hope your new knee is holding out ok what with all the standing that you are having to do, I find that I am much better walking than standing still, my PKR gets very sore when I just stand i.e. in a queue or something like that, may be it's just me!  ???

Keep well.   Sandra.
Washout both knees August 2003
TKR January 2004 Right Knee
PKR April 2005 Left Knee
Am very pleased got no more knees!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #399 on: October 05, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
Hi sandra

oh dear - those house wifely chores - soo boring.

Quite good being back at work (apart from the money - keeps me out of trouble)

Have just spent the last hour chatting to my daughter on msn so that was good - she is fine - just fed up allways being the one to clean the kitchen - her own fault - she can't bear the mess - so they take advantage.

My daughter will come back by train for holidays - it is cheaper  than the diesel - and the meals you end up buying!

Good luck with the gym on monday - I will go on Tuesday.

Have a good evening

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #400 on: October 07, 2006, 02:51:06 AM »
Anja,
Hope you're hanging in there - 43 hours the first week is pretty intense.  Hope you can relax a bit over the weekend.  I'll bet you're sleeping much better than you have in a while
take care,
bonnie
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #401 on: October 07, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »
Hi Bonnie - only 3 more sleeps!!! ;D

Well that was a pretty tough week - so much for part time - every time I suggested going home my boss came up with something else that just had to be done - mainly making all the phone calls - which he hates doing - that should have been done while I was off - just stuff like new equipment ordering for the bakery and shop - he thinks it is all so time consuming - the thought of doing it is worse then getting on and sorting it though!

I woke at 7 this morning - got up for an hour then thought would just snuggle back into bed as it was cold downstairs and fell asleep until about 11.15 - oops.

My legs ache this weekend like I have done a marathon - I am going to the gym tomorrow to stretch the muscles out - sure this will make my legs feel better.

This weel I am working all day Mon, wed, ,thurs and sat and just 3 hrs on tues - that should makes for an easier week - and working the sat gives me overtime rate which is handy ;D.

Have been shopping today and spent the afternoon helping hubbie sort his van stock out - got a bit cold so gonna get a blanket and curl up in front of X Factor!!!

How are you feeling? - suddenly - prob Monday you will just decide enough is enough - what is not sorted by then can jolly well wait!! and then you can relax a bit - you will - suddenly the stress will go and you will be more calm.

Have a great wekend - did you get the toilet raiser and frame? - It really is prob the most essential thing you will need.

anja

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »
Anja,
The reason you feel as if you ran a marathon is because you did!!!!!  Glad to hear that you went back to bed - you certainly earned it.  I thnk you're right, I pick my sis up from the airport at 2pm Monday ( she's coming from Newark N.J. airport - close to Annie) so whatever isn't done by time I leave for the airport just won't get done.  The funny part of it is, it probably won't even matter.  I remember reading one of your posts right before your surgery where you said that you were very calm the day before - home the same for me.

Didn't get the toilet raiser yet, my OS's office said I will get the prescriptions when I leave the hospital, insurance company doesn't like to supply before the surgery.  Then I go to the rehab facility and hopefully they will have one there.  I'm hoping that by the time I come home I'll only need a cane and the toilelt raiser and maybe a shower seat.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - I'm sending some Florida sunshine with 85 degree F weather!!!!!
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline bonstarr

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Photos of My New Knee
« Reply #403 on: October 08, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
Forgot to ask earlier, any news from Ellie?
1988 - LK arthroscopy
1991 - LK arthroscopy
10/10/06 - LTKR

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #404 on: October 08, 2006, 06:42:36 AM »
Hi Bonnie

ooooh would love that sunshine!! - I am at my best in the heat.

Have not heard from Ellie - I am sure she said she would be home for the weekend - will email her today - she is prob just busy catching up with hubbie and molly and home life.

The Hospital will def have everything you need.

Wow two more sleeps - are you going to be online in hospital?-mind you the first couple of days you won't be bothered anyway - make sure you take something to write down your thoughts , how you feel, visits and stuff from docs - you think you are wide awake when it is all going on then read back over the notes and find that you would never have remembered certain things.

Will your hubbie post for you - or if I give you my email would he let me know how you are? - and then maybe I could update the thread for everyone - don't know if you have made arangements for this.

Have a good day
anja

support