Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06  (Read 202852 times)

Offline Tillson

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm 41 - not 81!!
Re: I got a new knee - TKR 10th july 06
« Reply #1185 on: November 17, 2007, 11:09:16 AM »
Hi Anj! 

Looks like you're having plenty of distractions from the knee!  Oh dear!  I worry about Gary and John at times.  It's a weird situation to suddenly jump from talking about necks/shoulders to donkeys wearing nappies!   :o :o :o

Have fun this weekend.

Mag 'n Nel

:-* :-* :-*
ACL rupture Sept '99 playing netball
ACL reconstruction Sept 2000
MONTHS of physio - grating sensation developing
Pain increasing gradually due to cartilage wear and tear
Microfracture and cartilage cultivation surgery denied due to too much wear and tear
TKR done June 2007 - HOORAY!!!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1186 on: February 16, 2008, 07:31:53 PM »
hi all ,hadnt realised it was sooo long since i had been here!
have had cortisone injections in hand and left shoulder - brilliant stuff !!
have been swimming 4 times a week for the last month which must be doing me good I think - knee does actually hurt like mad - have been doing a lot of turning on it ............
anyway going back to gym tomorrow to see if i cant sort out this pain - gotta be some sort of muscle weakness i hope - painfull enough to need meds tho !

have been swimming loads and asked to do a swimathon in april - which i hope to do - except the dates it is on we are in cuba - but should be able to do it there !!

booked nest years holiday today as well ;D caribbean cruise!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #1187 on: March 22, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
By any chance have you taken any prescription for cholesterol or acid reflux?  I found a webpage   www.askapatient.com  where people comment about their experiences with prescription drugs.  I have had pain in my shoulder, fingers, and big toe.  Turns out that these are common pains for various drugs. 
I haven't really communicated with you since the summer of your TKR, but I'm back on here because I'm gonna have another knee surgery Tuesday.
Last month I was walking both weimaraners, and I pushed the button to cross a large intersection.  Suddenly I noticed a couple with a dog preparing to cross the same street, so I beat a hasty retreat up on the lawn of the apt building on that corner.  This is the lawn most favored by all dogs for peeing and pooping.  I made the dogs sit and I held the year old male closest to me foolishly thinking that the older, diabetic female would behave.  Oops, the couple jogged at us with their dog.  Although I was feverishly yanking on the pinch collars and commanding "SIT" the female lunged forward followed almost simulataneously by the male dog.  I got launched like a water skier as the slack of the leashes disappeared.  Bam, I landed on my repaired knee and then my forehead, and I rolled on my filled poop bag.  The only thing that would've made it a funnier scenario would've been if the poop bag burst when I hit it.  The worst thing is my depression about not being able to walk the dogs together because they're so bad!
Good news is that I'll get hyaluronic acid injections about 6 weeks post op.
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1188 on: March 22, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
Hi Donna - sort of good to see you! - wow shame you have to have surgery again - what are they going to do?

I have not used any of those meds - in fact never take anything apart from the odd pain pill!

We are off on hols in a fortnight and that cant come too soon then back to work for 3 weeks then some minor surgery and 2 weeks off work again ! cant wait! not being able to drive for a week again will make sure i slow down for a bit ! Have managed to clock up more than 60 hrs at work this week - so much for only doing a 4 day week!

What will the hyaluronic injections do? do they have good success rate - have you been on the tabs?

soz so many questions - after saying about cortisone injection being so good looks like i will have to sort another one out as shoulder is very painfull again - too much lifting in my work !

take care and good luck tues - keep in touch !

anj
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

Offline Tillson

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I'm 41 - not 81!!
« Reply #1189 on: March 23, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »
Hi Anj

Remember me??  Can't believe it was last November that I last contacted you!  Must be a good sign - knee-wise that is.

Hope you are OK.  Nelly is doing really well.  I've got her x-rays now, so I'm flashing them around to anyone who's remotely interested!  Quite sad really.

Do you still keep in touch with Gary?  I receive emails from him once in a while.  I must make more effort to keep in touch.  I suppose he's a 10 stone weakling by now?

TTFN

Mag 'n Nel xxx
[/color] :-* :-* :-*
ACL rupture Sept '99 playing netball
ACL reconstruction Sept 2000
MONTHS of physio - grating sensation developing
Pain increasing gradually due to cartilage wear and tear
Microfracture and cartilage cultivation surgery denied due to too much wear and tear
TKR done June 2007 - HOORAY!!!

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1190 on: March 24, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
hey Maggie!

Lovely to hear from you !!
yep knees behaving ! yes Gary is still around and doing better than me with his dedication to the diets !! I never know who he forwards the mail to so not sure whether to send them to u as well !!
 Have you got a new balloon yet??

so come on get those xrays posted on here!

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #1191 on: March 25, 2008, 12:01:45 PM »
Hi Anj,  I'm just getting the knee cleaned out today, but if he finds a meniscus tear, he'll fix it.  Yea, I've been taking Hyaluronic acid pills, and even a gooey horse supplement.  The injections will add a cushiony layer inside the knee without breaking down through metabolism.  Good luck with your shots!  I had 3 in my shoulder, and after a while I went to a chiropractor who relieve the pain in one day.  d
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1192 on: March 25, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
Hi Donna

Hope it all went well today and you are all fixed up ! Let me know!

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #1193 on: March 25, 2008, 07:40:05 PM »
Anj:

Just checking around today and saw your post. I'm glad your knee is doing well. Sorry about the shoulder, though. I had my TKR in November 2006, if you remember, and we talked quite a bit for a while. My TKR has changed my life, although I continue to have some pain in the posteriolateral area. I have had a couple of cortisone injections, but the pain keeps coming back. I am coming to the disappointing conclusion that I'll just have to live with it unless I want another surgery to put in a different spacer (which I don't!). I have another OS visit tomorrow, so I'll see what he has to say this time. I must say, I never though that 16 months post-op I'd still be seeing the OS so regularly!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1194 on: March 25, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »
Hi Janet - good to hear from you although not that u are still having probs!!
My knee is fab compared to what i had pre op - but then hey i wouldnt have had it done otherwise ! my biggest prob with it is pain in my shin bone - xrays are fine - os says it is because of the screw he put in it !

let me know how you go tomorrow - hopefully he will come up with something!

I am going to have to get another shot if my shoulder doesnt settle down while i am on holiday - think i might have overdone it? oopsno holding us back is there!!

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #1195 on: April 03, 2008, 09:53:40 AM »
yipoee
I go for my post op appt tomorrow and then I can wash my hair.  I can't wait to find out what the dr did while I was iunder.  I vauguelliy remember him saying he cleaned up a lot of stuff.  Monday I start therapy, and next month I'll get Supartz injections. 
We're all getting shots
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1196 on: April 03, 2008, 07:57:32 PM »
have you seriously not washed your hair since the op? no showers? omg i couldnt do that - i was in the shower on day 2 after my tkr - they just changed the dressing after.
Good Luck with your appt  - hope it is all good news!!

I went back to my GP today and asked for another cortisone injection in my shoulder as it has got really bad again - he was going to do it then realised the consultant had done it 4 months ago and said that if that had not cured it then it would need further investigating - so have to wait for appt again - so wish he had just done the shot because i could have had a pain free holiday !

anj

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #1197 on: July 09, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »
WOW

My knees second birthday tomorrow - unbelievable - where has my life gone!

It is a good knee - it hates the cold and damp - but so did the old one!.

Update on the shoulder - have arthritis and nerve damage in neck - which goes through shoulders to  fingers being seized and stiff - BUT had 2 shots in neck yesterday under local anaestetic - neck more sore today than yesterday - but thats more bruising - hopefully will settle soon.  Have to start physio next week again for it. Hopefully this will keep it under control !

Offline Clarinet'09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Scars are like tatoos...but with better stories!!
    • Padfoot13cl
« Reply #1198 on: July 10, 2008, 03:22:24 AM »
Happy 2nd birthday to your knee mom. I still remember two years ago when you had your operation. Hard to believe its been that long. Hope the knee behaves nicely for you. And i hope the shoulder and neck arent to unbearable.
Love ya
-Chels
Chelsea - 17 years old - soccer + band = LIFE
4/29/06  left knee popped followed by intense pain while playing soccer
5/30/06  Bone spur removal
4/20/07  LR right knee
11/19/07 LR left knee
1/16/08  MUA left knee
11/03/08 LR recon, MPFL recon right knee
4/20/09 LR recon, MPFL recon left knee

Gary064

« Reply #1199 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
Its that time of the year again...oh yeah! a birthday ;D ;D Happy Birthday to your lil ol knee ;D

Still think you should have had a grease nipple fitted and have some WD40 for those cold mornings ;D ;D ;D

All the best to ya Ange Lol x