Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: IM HAVING A OP -KEYHOLE ON THE KNEE!  (Read 780 times)

Offline TEGS77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
IM HAVING A OP -KEYHOLE ON THE KNEE!
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »
Hiya all,
finally after 7years I am having an op on my left knee, I am 23 stone and after 7 years of waiting for it to be sorted because of weight they are going in! he was fantastic surgoen and said Im not hear to talk about weight im hear to talk about getting you fixed!!! wahhhoooooooooo
the only thing is I wanted some advise or good stories, Ive never had an op before and I am really worried about a genreal anthestic has anyone had one? were you around my weight when you had one??
could it be possible to have the operation awake? and not feel anything at all?
any advice would be great, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped me over the last few weeks, especially laura! your all stars x
ARTHROSCOPIE MENISECTOMY
DEBRIBEMENT
INNJECTIONS INTO THE JOINT

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: IM HAVING A OP -KEYHOLE ON THE KNEE!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »
Hey Terssa,

I've just replied to your PM. You'll be absolutely fine and your doctors are there to help you. If you really want to be awake there are all sorts of methods of aneasthetising someone. You could have a spinal/epidural with sedation if necessary so you wouldn't be under anaesthetic as such but you wouldn't be bothered by the surgery either.

You consultants will speak to you befor ethe surgery in any case so they'll be able to relax you and help get rid of your fears about surgery.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: IM HAVING A OP -KEYHOLE ON THE KNEE!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »
Goodluck wiht your surgery I hope they can get you fixed up.  I don't know what 23 stone is?... I live in Canada we do pounds...

General Anesthetic isn't bad, i've had it 5 times I think. There are ways as Laura said though that you don't have to be put under.  Make sure you ask your questions, that is what the doctors are there for. 

Goodluck
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support