Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Question  (Read 751 times)

Offline laforce18

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Everything happens for a reason
Question
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:49:06 AM »
Well today I started my pt for a lateral release, manipulation and debriment. .  She said everything looked much better than last time she saw me since I now almost have full extension and my flexion is about 125.   My surgery was a week ago today.  She was curious though why my knee kept locking from full extension to bending. She came to the conclusion through different techniques that by holding my kneecap down from the top, it didn't lock anymore.  does anyone know what this is called?  She wasn't sure but I think that it might be patella alta???  Jaci told me that it may be a lack of strength, and I believe her, but with this new information about my patella being too high up, I am worried.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Shannon :o :-\
Shannon
ACL allograft 3-22-06
lat rel and manip 6-29-06
patella femoral arthrofibrosis
lat rel and chrondplasty  9-26-06
arthroscopic surgery scope 6-12-07
lateral meniscus tear, cartilage and scar tissue removal

Offline sharon74

• Forum Faithful
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 04:17:51 AM »
You are doing great on ROM for being 1 week out.  Congrats!!

I had problems with my knee locking a little when I started therapy and my therapist said it was due to lack of muscle as well.  As I have been building my muscle back up I have noticed it does not "lock up" hardly at all now.  Does it happen more often when you have had it straight for a period of time or anytime you try to bend it??
1990 - left knee exploratory - removed scar tissue
1991 - left knee LR
1993 - right knee LR
2002 - left knee LR
2006 - left knee TTT/LR

Offline laforce18

• Regular Poster
  • Everything happens for a reason
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 06:24:45 AM »
well, it happens most when i have had it straight for a while, but it always catches even if I have it straight for only a second...I hate it, but now with the tape holding my kneecap and patella down, it doesn't catch at all ???
I hope, like you it is only a lack of muscle, but i am so pessimistic.  THanks for your help
Shannon
Shannon
ACL allograft 3-22-06
lat rel and manip 6-29-06
patella femoral arthrofibrosis
lat rel and chrondplasty  9-26-06
arthroscopic surgery scope 6-12-07
lateral meniscus tear, cartilage and scar tissue removal

support